Day 9 - R

Brendon was staring at the board, not really paying attention to the lesson. Even if he was listening, he probably wouldn't have understood that well anyway. Math was never his best subject.

"Psst." Brendon slowly pulled away from his thoughts. "Hey Brendon," a hushed whisper caught his attention. Looking over he saw Ryan waving his hand subtly so the teacher wouldn't see. He pulled his phone out and pointed to it.

Brendon stared confused for a moment until Ryan typed something out and his own phone buzzed in his pocket. He looked up to make sure the teacher was still focused on the class and pulled out his phone.

Ryan: I dare you to erase the problem that's on the board right now

Brendon snapped his head up. Seeing the incomplete problem, he knew that it took a while for Mr. Green to write it out. He threw Ryan a nervous look.

Brendon: don't make me do that

Ryan: do you give up then?

Brendon glared at Ryan for a moment, mouthing a quick 'I hate you' and stood up. He caught the attention of his classmates as he steadily made his way to the front.

"So then, you will need to carry this three to the other side because what you do to one side you, oh. Is something wrong?" Brendon was already wearing a guilty face as he stood in front of the whole class.

He mumbled a quick apology before picking up an eraser and dragging it across the board. Everyone's mouths fell open in shock. Mr. Green was the first to recover, filling with anger.

"What the hell's your problem?" Brendon bit his lip nervously and let out a string of apologizes but didn't stop until the board was clear of markings. He squeezed his eyes shut and waited for his punishment.

"I swear you kids like to test me more and more these days." Brendon braved a peaked at Mr. Green. The man had his eyes closed and fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. He took a calming breath before speaking. "Detention after school. Now go sit down."

"Yes sir." Brendon hurried back to his seat and dropped his head on his desk. Mr. Green continued on with the remainder of class, more annoyance evident in his voice. Brendon could hear Ryan snickering to himself. He let out a sigh when his phone buzzed again.

Ryan: good job

Brendon: you're lucky he's nice

Ryan: maybe I should've seen how much you could've gotten away with

He looked over again to see Ryan struggling to hold back his laughter. Brendon tried hard to keep his smile off when he saw how happy Ryan looked at his little joke. When they caught each others eyes, Brendon mouthed another 'I hate you'.

Ryan was beaming at the statement. He shook his head and mouthed what Brendon thought to be 'no you dont'. Ryan looked up to make sure no one was looking before mouthing another three words.

'You love me'. He smiled again and turned his attention back to the front. Brendon was frowning to himself, thinking about Ryan. His last statement replaying in his head. He was just joking when he said. It's not like Brendon loved him or anything, right.

Right?

Brendon shut his eyes and took a deep breath. His mind now only filled with one thing. He whispered pathetically to himself at his realization.

"Fuck."