CHP 5

Just as Jimin suspected, the sweet idea of sleep was unattainable. Throughout the night, whether it be from the small storm occurring or perhaps his psychotic ex-boyfriend, the non stop sound of tapping against his window kept him up. Many times the pressuring sentiment of temptation coursed through his trembling body in regards to waking Jeongguk up. But the furthest he ever got was outside of the man's bedroom because he just felt too guilty. Just because he couldn't get to sleep didn't mean the people around him deserved the same outcome.

And so at roughly five in the morning, he sits on the living room couch much like the night prior, staring blankly at the television while it plays quiet cartoons. He can feel the heavy bags beneath his eyes as they weigh his body down and the mess of hair that sits on his head due to the countless times he has curled his fingers into his locks out of unadulterated stress.

He flinches as soon as he hears a door creak open and he peers over his shoulder, finding So-Young approaching the kitchen in nothing but one of - he assumes - Jeongguk's dress shirts. He hates how well it fits her and accentuates her pretty curves. Yet he keeps his mouth closed and his jealous thoughts to himself seeing as she's been kind enough to lend him an extra room.

"Oh, Jimin," she says with a small smile. "I didn't see you there. Did you sleep well? Are you hungry?" she asks affably while reaching for a glass from the cupboard.

"I slept fine," he replies almost monotously and stretches Jeongguk's shirt over his legs as they're pulled up to his chest. He rests his chin on his knees and his cheek grows in size as he watches the cartoon with tired eyes.

"That's good to hear," she replies and Jimin hums in response. Things are quiet. Almost quiet enough for him to potentially close his eyes and chase the idea of sleep. Yet a shirtless Jeongguk emerging from the hall to his right has his breath hitching in his throat and a pretty red shade flourishing on his cheeks. From his peripheral vision, he can see the policeman embrace So-Young with a back hug as she's busy at the stove, cooking up some breakfast.

He hates how his stomach coils in response to their open display of affection and he knows it shouldn't. It has no reason to, yet he can't help the sharp feeling of jealousy that has his chest tightening. And as they share a sweet, long kiss, he's given no choice but to walk off to his temporary bedroom and close the door behind him.

He sits on his bed and places his forehead in his palms, trying to collect himself as well as his thoughts running rampant. It's next to impossible to line them up in some semblance of order and as a knock sound echoes in his ears, his plans are completely abolished.

He doesn't say anything and keeps still, rubbing at his eyes exhaustedly. After roughly five seconds of silence, the door pulls open and there Jeongguk stands with his shirt still off. The teacher's gaze is downcasted to his own thighs bashfully and he chews on his lower lip, shy and unknowing of what to do.

"You told So-Young you slept fine. I know that isn't true," he states in confidence while also breaking the silence hanging in the room and Jimin sighs quietly.

"What do you want me to tell her, Jeongguk? I appreciate you guys letting me stay here but I'm just putting you both in danger. You saw the texts on my phone after you so respectfully stole it from me. He knows where I am and he'll do anything to get me. Even if that means hurting you guys," Jimin explains softly as he messes with his fingers. The bed dips beside him.

"I'm not going to let him hurt my wife and I'm not going to let him hurt you either, Jimin. I brought you here for a reason. I can keep an eye on you and make sure that you're okay," Jeongguk says adamantly and the teacher plays with his fingers.

"I can't ask you to do that... and besides. We both work. It isn't possible," Jimin points out.

Jeongguk rubs at his nape. "Yeah, well about that... I'm going to be the new constable at your school until the end of the year," he says and Jimin stares at him with owlish eyes.