C h a p t e r 16: Concerning Matters

Oliver's POV:

I didn't hear anything from my father after that. And to be honest I didn't want to hear what he had to say.

Most likely it would be an excuse, that all he would come up with excuses. I don't know who to talk to because I don't have really any friends. That's kind of my problem because I didn't really spend much time making friends most times it was making husbands jealous.

I went home after work and took a shower. As the water started to cover my body I couldn't seem to clear my mind of how much of a shithole I'm in right now.

Alice hates me, my father thinks of me as a disgrace and the entirety of both our families will hate us for what we're doing.

I needed to call off the wedding.

And I would take the blame on me. I didn't have anything to lose, my father already hates me, it would save Alice the embarrassment. I could just move back to London and never come back.
NO, I couldn't do that then people might say things about our families and I would just be a coward who ran away from my problems.

Alice was right I needed to talk to someone.

Alice's POV:

When I got into my car Maya was furious. "Alice I know that it's your wedding and you decide what happens but couldn't you at least put the last dress on hold!" She said whining.

I just shook my head and drove.

I dropped Maya at her house and then I went home. I was out of it and I didn't even do much today. Maybe it's the stress.

I wanted this nightmare to be over! I would hate to hurt anyone who I cared about and no matter what I choose to do I would end up hurting someone.

All I could think about was Oliver and his face. I don't know what was going to happen, for the first time in my life I think I was scared of messing something up.

Word count: 354