#27. Fast and Furious » Steve

*A/N: I was watching The Fast and The Furious when I came up with this idea. Kinda on a Fast & Furious kick lately*

I don't know how Tony convinced me to come to one of these things. I hated it. I hated how everyone tried to seem big and tough. I hated how the girls wore outfits with their breasts pretty much bouncing out of them to try and get the guy's attention. Most of all, I hated drag racing.

But Tony some how managed to get me to go to this one. Tony loved drag racing. He loved being able to beat anyone who competed with him. He wanted to show off to me how well he could drive.

"Hey Stark," one of the racers in a car I knew to be a Nissan Skyline (Tony never shut up about how amazing they were, but how his cars were better) said. "You racing tonight?"

"Hey O'Conner," said Tony as he high fived the racer. "Yeah I am. Wanted to show my friend here how badly I can kick your asses."

I awkwardly smiled as the two laughed.

"Hey man. Brian O'Conner," he said and shook my hand.

"Steve Rogers," I replied. "You race?"

"Nah, not as much anymore. I don't like disgracing this guy," Brian replied and clapped a hand on Tony's shoulder. The two laughed again.

As Tony and Brian continued talking cars, I slowly walked away. I was contemplating escaping, walking back home before Tony noticed I was gone. But that's when I saw her.

She was probably one of the most beautiful girls at the race. She was wearing a jean jacket over a crop top (that actually covered her boobs), ripped jeans and a pair of converse high tops. Unlike the other racers, she didn't have people swarming her car. She had her hands shoved in her pockets and was leaning against her car, watching the others.

That's when she spotted me staring. I felt heat run into my cheeks and knew I was blushing from the embarrassment of being caught.

"Like what your seeing, big guy?" she asked.

"Uh..." I trailed, unsure of how to answer.

"I meant the car," she laughed. I decided it was safe to approach and to talk to her.

"To be honest, I don't know much about cars," I replied. "I'm only here cause my friend dragged me."

"Well then, let me give you the low down on this baby," she said and turned to her silver and blue car. "Ford Mustang GT. 22-inch alloy wheels, 5.8-liter V8 engine, 662 horsepower, 631 lb. -ft. of torque (A/N: for anyone who knows, yes I am well aware that that's the car from Need for Speed movie, but that car is literally my dream car). She may not be as good as the other cars here, but she's got me pretty far at this point."

"I'm assuming that's good," I said. The girl laughed again and nodded her head. "I'm Steve by the way."

"Hannah," she replied and shook my hand. "You said you were here with your friend. Is he a racer, too?"

"Yeah, Tony Stark."

Hannah snorted at this. "Stark. Amateur."

I raised an eyebrow. "You've obviously never raced him."

"No, because when I challenge him, he backs out. He knows I'm better than him, but he's just too scared to admit it. Coward, too, forgot to mention that."

I definitely liked her.

I was about to say something else, but then someone called the racers to the starting line.

"That's me," Hannah said. "Wish me luck."

"Good luck. Not that you'd need it."

She smirked at me before climbing into her car and pulling up to the starting line.

She pulled up next to Brian, who was next to Tony. I noticed Tony look through his window at Brian and see Hannah. He seemed to tense up. Not that I didn't before, but now I really believed that Tony was scared to race against Hannah. And he couldn't back out tonight. He made a pre-bet on himself.

I noticed girls walking up to the cars, trying to sweet talk the drivers before the race. This gave me an idea.

I walked up to Hannah's Mustang and leaned down to talk to her.

"I have a proposition for you," I said. She looked at me.

"I'm all ears."

"You beat Tony, doesn't matter if you're first or fifth as long as you beat him, I take you out on a date."

Hannah looked at me for a moment. She seemed intrigued. She leaned forward and asked, "And if I don't beat him?"

"You pay."

Hannah smirked. "You're on."

I backed away as Hannah revved her engine, causing the other four racers to do the same. The flags were dropped and off they raced. The moment they were gone, everyone was off to the finish line to watch what happened.

It may not have been a long wait, but it seemed like forever before we seen the cars racing up; a silver and blue Ford Mustang GT in the front.

Hannah was coming up fast with Brian hot on her tail. I couldn't see Tony yet.

Everyone cheered as Hannah crossed the finish line and hit the brakes, screeching to a stop and Brian stopped behind her. Two cars later, Tony finished in fifth. Brian climbed out of his car and raced over to Hannah, congratulating her on her win.

After all her praises, Hannah turned to me. "So, Steve. What time are you picking me up?"