King Pascal, Part 3/4

Before long, the Lorbs have led Varian to their tropical paradise. Tiny huts made of thatched grass and palm tree leaves, both on the ground and built in the trees, make up a picturesque village alongside a flowing waterfall. Wildflowers and strange fruits grow all around, and... are those lanterns from Corona they have hanging everywhere?

"Welcome to Lorbwalla!" One of the Lorbs says, as hundreds of Lorbs walk about the village. "We shall now take you to the other freinfloofers." But before they can go anywhere, Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Maximus walk past.

"Varian?" Rapunzel says once she spots him. "What are you doing here?"

"We have returned your lost baby, freinfloofer!" The Lorbs say, working together to shove Varian towards Rapunzel.

Varian laughs humorlessly, trying to remain calm but failing. "For the last time, I am not a baby whatever-the-heck that is! And she's not my mom!"

 "For the last time, I am not a baby whatever-the-heck that is! And she's not my mom!"

"Freinfloofer," Cassandra says with a sigh. "It's basically their word for 'pet'."

"Oh, that's great..." Varian says sarcastically as the Lorbs leave them to join a growing crowd in their village. But suddenly he notices Cass:

     Cassandra has adjusted her outfit to be more comfortable for life on the island. She is currently revealing a bit more skin than he is used to seeing her show, and for a moment he is mesmerized. He can feel the deep blush burning on his cheeks, and he lets his hair fall down in front of his face in an effort to conceal it.

     "Uhhh... you okay, kid?" Cassandra asks, aware of his strange behavior.

 you okay, kid?" Cassandra asks, aware of his strange behavior

     "Erm..." Varian has to rediscover his voice. "Y-yeah, I'm f-fine. It's just..." He glances down and realizes that she has her dagger strapped to her leg. "You... You found your dagger?"

Cassandra smirks. "Yep! Found it in the caravan wreckage."

"Oh. Did you happen to see...?" Varian starts to ask.

"Sorry Var, but no bandana," Cassandra informs him.

Varian nods sadly. "What are you guys doing, anyway?"