Chapter 21: Hide

The weekend wasn't one to enjoy. Almost every news company in Japan witnessed (Y/n)'s fight with a rampaging citizen and they just had to broadcast their own reports of many. Unbeknownst to her, this news story was blowing up just as big if not bigger than Endeavor's heroic fight against a Nomu months before. Villains don't just save heroes like Dabi did. Unable to settle on just eyewitness reports, reporters from all over were trying their hardest to knock down the UA walls in order to get an interview with (Y/n) Renora herself. How did they know it was her? (Y/n) went to meet Dabi last friday and she made the mistake of wearing her UA uniform. Given this point in time, not only are the Pros upset with (Y/n) over trying to solve a public crisis with only a Provisional Licence but also that she had come in contact with one of the most dangerous villains in the League of Villains and lived to tell the tale. Everyone around the country is speculating that (Y/n)'s working with the League of Villains now, in which they aren't entirely wrong, because why else would a villain go out of his way to save a hero in training?

Ever since the first report surfaced, UA already came to the executive decision to lie low on the matter since their student in question was back safe and sound. It was in the best interest of everyone to ignore the media as best as can be. However, with the boistrous mob outside of UA campus, it's like someone angrily pounding at your door at 3 am. This became a problem that called for desperate measures.

Pulled from class, and not in the best physical state either, (Y/n) was summoned to Principal Nezu's office. Much to her own surprise, Mr. Aizawa and All Might took time out of their busy schedules to be there for her despite never asking for their assistance. The class was already thrilled since this office call delayed class, but still, (Y/n) wasn't exactly thrilled on her end since she already had an idea of what the meeting held in store.

(Y/n) fanned herself lightly with one hand as the room was a bit warm for her comfort. There wasn't a sound to be heard besides the white mouse who blew on his tea in a state of tranquility. (Y/n) hasn't met Principal Nezu yet, but he was a strange character indeed. She never expected mice to like tea yet the Principal seemed to thrive on it. Even now as the mouse tilted the cup ever so slightly to savor some of the herbal goodness but soon sat it back down realizing it was a little too hot for his comfort. At last, his black rodent eyes arose as he smiled radiantly at his student. "Miss. (Y/n)... I'm sure you know why you're here today?" He asked in such a proper tone.

(Y/n) remained stunned as she had expected Nezu to have a cutesy voice when he in fact hadn't had such a tone. "The villain thing... Right?" (Y/n) sighed as she snapped back into reality. She uncomfortably shifted within her seat before the Principal's desk and fanned herself more intensely with the feeling of moisture beading beneath her uniform.

"Yes, precisely!" The mouse man hummed. "May I ask what you were doing in Kamino Ward last Friday? You never received permission to leave campus dear."

Oh great, (Y/n) thought. I never planned ahead for questions like these. I fucking hate lying too. Thank goodness I can keep a straight face though. "I was visiting my family," (Y/n) turned to her one and only viable excuse. She could've said she was staying the night at Shoto's house for internships but Shoto would be too dense to read the situation and deny her claims if questioned and with Mr. Aizawa here as well he'd quickly call her out for lies. He is working with Enji and Hawks on Shun's case afteral.

Mr. Aizawa narrowed his eyes on the girl sitting before him. She too felt his piercing gaze. Did he already catch my bluff? "You aren't supposed to be visiting your family (Y/n)... You know that," the man reminded his student but she could only shoot daggers at him.

"Um... Why can't she?" All Might frowned. "Many of our students ask to go home all the time."

"They can visit all they want," Aizawa groaned heavily. "Except she can't."