1:1 | Hildegard ✦ Faerie

Darker than Blanc
1st Life | Daybreak
©Emika_3206

.
.

[1: 1] —Hildegard Faerie

.
.

"Are you alright?" The child swatted her hand away, before glaring at her ferociously. She'd never seen that amount of hatred in someone so young before, and it chilled the warrior queen to the bones. The boy could be no older than twelve  years old, or perhaps he had been older and only severely suffering malnutrition. His cheeks were gaunt, haunted eyes simmering liquid blue and dirt was caked behind his fingernails. There were lacerations lining his arms, some infected and others never quite healed properly. Her heart ached for the sufferings this poor boy endured.

Perhaps, that's what his race had been reduced to. Since their discovery centuries ago, faeries had been constantly hunted down by humans—  pushed to extinction. That was to harvest their blood, which was a necessary ingredient to miracle medicines. It was also used for ink in the temple's sacred rituals to hear the call of the gods. The healer witches were after the fairies, and so were the priests. It didn't help that there was also a rumored myth that by drinking their blood, your deepest desires would come true. All in all, everyone was out for their blood. Literally.

And it sickens her.

"I am Hildegard, the Queen of Anamniseis," She introduced herself, while looking at his arctic eyes. "So long as you live in my kingdom, I will protect you." She vowed."Our kingdom is a safe haven for all, fairies and witches alike." Hildegard further informed. It had been a lifelong dream for her and Hector to ensure peace and stability in their kingdom. They were determined that it stays that way so long as they were the ones ruling it.

The previous king, had been a devout follower of the church of Aenar. Anything that goes beyond the teachings of Aenar are considered wrong and evil. So he pushed for the purge of the other supernatural races. However, Hildegard and Hector both vowed to protect the weak and provide a haven that ensures equality for all species . The dark reign of the previous tyrant was over. Their reign now, would be daybreak.

The boy cursed in another language. He pushed her away, before running deep within the Mystical Forest, never to be seen again.

She stared at her hand, to which the young faerie left a bloody imprint. It was a bright shade of red, looking much like normal human blood, only this was the blood that could be a gift or a curse. The same blood that everyone would die to get their hands on.

Then, curiously the blood vanished into thin air.

To be continued....