5.Being sure

Alyan's POV

After a long day of class and group study,I entered my apartment, exhausted. I opened my shoes and placed them on the rack,as ammi is totally clean freak,and I don't want to piss her.

"Alyan,you're back?" Ammi came and ruffled my hair, her favorite hobby.

"Why so late dear?" Ammi asked.

"Ammi, I had 3 classes today.After that I went to the library for group study and got late. And there was a lot of traffic in the road too." I fell on the sofa flat on my face. Ammi also came sat beside me and started combing her fingers through my hair. I feel so chilled when she does this.

"Go to your room and take a shower. You're completely sweaty."

I hummed in reply. I am the only son of my parents,though I have an elder and a younger sister. Elder one,Sumayra appi is married and has a baby girl lives in Australia with her husband, Zahan. And younger one is Salwa,reads in class 9. So as ammi's one and only son, I'm pampered by her a lot.

Abbu also came and sat on the sofa opposite to us.

"So,how was your day?"Abbu asked taking a newspaper from the table.

"Hectic as usual."

"Medical life is hectic,but not as engineering. Boy,whenever I remember those days,it makes me shocked how I survived with bunch of assignments and projects." Abbu said.

"Yeah,now you get started with your mopping. Here my son is studying hard forgetting about day and night staying away from us, and you are started with your old talks. I don't understand how he lives in this filthy place without eating food made by me." Ammi glared at abbu. Abbu gave ammi a 'what did I do' look. I chuckled looking at their childishness.

"So what do I do? I told him to study engineering and then help me with managing my business but he wanted to study medical. So if it's hectic,I don't have anything to do." Abbu answered.

Abbu studied engineering. After graduation,instead of finding a job on engineering he started a business related to these. So apparently even if I studied engineering,it wouldn't help his business in any special way.

"So what? Can't my son handle your business after studying medical? " Ammi got pissed. She thinks her son is an all rounder.

"When did I say that?" Horror filled abbu's eyes.

"You meant that. It's my sons wish to study medical,did he ever say he won't help you in your business? Alyan,did you?." Ammi nudged me with an expectant look.

I shook my head and looked at abbu,who was glaring at me,

"Ok ok. I lost.Your son is the best,I am the villain. Now happy?" Abbu made a poker face.

Ammi grinned victoriously at abbu. I started laughing looking at the drama of both of them. Oh,how much I miss these. For study purpose,I have to live here alone in an apartment from last 2 and a half years whereas my family lives in our home town. Abbu manages his work from there. Ammi and abbu came here yesterday to attend a marriage of the daughter of one of abbu's friend.

"You two continue. I'm going to take a shower." I got up from the sofa,took my stuff and headed towards my room.

After a long shower, I prayed Isha and laid on the bed with my laptop. I was going through YouTube when ammi's loud voice came.

"Alyan,dear come and have your dinner."

Sighing, I shut the laptop and went to the dining room.

I took a sit in the small table. As I live here alone, I didn't keep too much furniture and I don't need a big dining table as most of the time I eat in my room. But with ammi and abbu,things are different.