Chapter 141

My lips started trembling from shock as I took slow steps toward the nightstand and with shaky hands, I picked up the notebook, staring down at it in horror.

      But before I could open it, I heard someone walk into the room, catching my attention as she gasped.

       "What are you doing?" Turning around, I saw Kathrine, walking toward me and quickly taking her book away from me.

       I gaped at her, my eyes widened. "H-how —"

       "I'm sorry," she chuckled nervously, putting the notebook back in her trunk. "I'm kind of protective about my diary."

        I still kept staring at her with my mouth hanging open.

       "Er... Lexi? Are you okay?"

       "OH MY, GOD!" I finally burst out, pacing around the room. "Oh God... YOU'RE HER!"

       "I-I'm sorry? What?" She blinked at me a few times in confusion.

        "How did I not realize this — but you look kinda different — and you're supposed to be older — but then again there's the Aging Potion — and your name is Kathrine Volant — her name isn't Kathrine —"

       "Oh, you mean the name on my diary?" She smiled, slightly blushing. "W-well, I though I would use a different name... I was hoping to become a writer one day... haven't had that awesome idea for a book yet, though."

      "J.K Rowling..." was all I managed to say.

      "Yes, weird, I know." She chuckled again. "I really liked the surname Rowling and I always thought Joanne was a beautiful name. Don't you think? And K stands for Kathrine —"

        "I thought it was Kathleen..." I said in hollow voice.

       Her face lit up. "Oh, well that's a nice name too."

       "Wha — stop taking ideas from me! You're not supposed to — I'm not supposed to meddle — How is this even possible!?" I said loudly.

        "I don't understand what you mean," she said, growing slightly worried and highly confused.

        "How do you end up knowing everything if you weren't even there..." I said, mostly to myself.

       How did she know what exactly happened in Chamber of Secrets? How did she know about the Order of Phoenix? Or how about the meeting Snape had with the Death Eaters at the beginning of The Deathly Hallows...

        Could she be an Animagus? I thought to myself, even though it still made no sense.

        But then again I remembered last year when I had punched Draco and in return, he had hexed me and given me a bloody nose. No one else knew about that other than Fred and George.

        That day, when I had returned to the dorm to change out of my bloody shirt, I saw Kathrine there. But somehow, she knew what had happened to me even though she had been in the dorm all day.

        Just then, my head shot up when I saw Kathrine walking toward me worriedly, trying to catch my eyes.

        And just then it hit me.

        "You're a Legilimence!" I blurted out.

        She took a back at that. "H-how did you kn —?"

        "Yes! That explains it!" I said excitedly, talking mostly to myself. "You can see through people's minds!"

         "Shh! Keep it down!" she said in a quiet tone, but then walked toward me. "You always made me wonder... you don't mind if I looked into your thoughts, do you?"

       "Wha —" but before I could say anything, she suddenly raised her hands toward me and placed them on either side of my temples, closing her eyes.

       And just then, I felt the world go black to my eyes. But suddenly, as if watching a movie, every single word of the Harry Potter books that I had read and pictured in my head passed through my eyes in a flash of a light.

        I couldn't move. I couldn't even stop myself. And not ten seconds later, Kathrine finally pulled away and I was able to open my eyes, my head slightly spinning.

         I looked up at her, only to see that her eyes had widened, looking at me in shock.

        "I — I get famous in the Muggle world?" she muttered under her breath. But then she shook her head, as if remembering something much more important. "Merlin's beard! Snape kills Dumbledore!?"

       "NO! Shhh!" I said quickly in horror, turning around as if I expected someone to have heard it.

        "And — and Sirius Black was supposed to die at the Ministry — and Fred Weasley is going to die at Hogwarts —"

       "Oh, no... no, no, no, no!" I muttered, cursing myself over and over for letting her see all that. "Please, please keep it quiet —"

      "Oh, God! And You-Know-Who kills Snape... but he was innocent all along... always..."

        "Shhh!" I said desperately, pulling at the end of my hair anxiously.

        "This will all be over soon..." she finally said, smiling to herself, but it soon faded. "But Professor Lupin... him and his wife... oh, that's horrible! They just had a son!"

       "Oh, God..." I mumbled hopelessly, sitting down on the bed, feeling like I was going to pass out any moment now.

"And you're... you aren't supposed to be here," she said quietly. "You were sent from the future by Regulus Black... and he's alive... but he was never a bad person..."

        She had read every word through my mind. She had seen everything I had imagined while reading them. I couldn't take it back anymore.

       Kathrine then slowly walked toward me, sitting next to me on the bed, throwing an arm around my shoulder comfortingly.

        "It's okay," she smiled. "I won't tell anyone about you. I promise."

        I said nothing. I couldn't even raised my head to look at her. I was still too in shock.

       But I finally managed to say, "Who are you?"

       Kathrine sighed, removing her hand from me. "I'm Kathrine Volant. I was gifted with Legilimency since the day I can remember. It's diffident from those who only learn it, yet weren't born with it; for me... it's more powerful... And that's all there is to know about me."

       I knew there was nothing else I could do to take it all back. But now that I was in her presence, I decided to make the best out of the worst situation. So I looked up at her with a goofy smile, saying,

       "Can I get your autograph?"