Chapter 11

Marcus's Pov

"Sir! Mrs.Anderson's flight has landed" Steve came back after calling Camilla's assistant.

Steve had befriended Camilla in such a short time and it was good because I could keep an eye on Camilla. I know she was capable of protecting her own self but I don't want anyone getting hurt because of me. I already hurt many I cared for and I won't let that happen again.

I was pulled out of my trance as my phone started ringing. I took it out and saw Madeline calling me. I picked it up and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello Madeline is everything alright? Camilla will be arriving shortly-"

"Camilla is coming now?" She yelled through the phone.

"Why? What happened?" I asked with concern.

"Sir, Lara is back and she is claiming that she's pregnant"

All the color drained from my face. I started massaging my temples in stress. How can she be pregnant? If she was why did she come now. It's been nearly five months. She could have come earlier.

"But Sir something isn't right" Madeline said with confusion in her voice.

"What is it?"

"She doesn't seem to be five months pregnant. It looks more like two or three months but not more than that "

"You can't say that exactly" All logical thinking had left me by then. I was mad yet sad at the same time. I don't want a child with a vicious woman like that. A child of mine doesn't deserve a mother like her.

"No I'm sure. I have been pregnant and I have taken care of many pregnant woman. I can say how far along the baby is just by looking at the bump" Her confidence gave me hope. Maybe Lara is lying.

"Okay Madeline I'll take care of it. Just look out for Camilla. I will come soon but don't tell her that you told me. She might already hate me and would not listen if I don't come with proof"

I ended the call and thought about ways to prove that she was not carrying my child.

"Steve I want Lara's past call records. What she has been doing, where she has been. I want records of everything she has been doing for the past five months" I told Steve and went back to pack my bag.

"Lara? Your house maid?" He followed me to my room

"Wait sir why are you packing?"

"Because we are leaving. Get ready" I told without looking at him. I needed to prove this quickly before Camilla gets depressed.

I don't want her to misunderstand. I thought she would be a nuisance in my life. A rich spoiled woman was the last thing I wanted. But I realized that I had misunderstood her.

She was nothing like I thought she would be. She was much, much better. A very cheerful person that doesn't deserve me. She doesn't deserve a man devoid of emotions. I don't want her to suffer because of me.

If she someday wants to divorce me, I would grant it to her. She was better without me. She deserves to be loved and I knew that I wasn't capable of giving her want she wanted. So it was better for her to go rather than get hurt.

But I didn't want Lara to hurt her either. So I needed to solve this before it gets complicated.

"Sir she has been living in Rochester these past few months. I checked her call records. It seems like she has been living with a man. "

"Perfect. Now let's get going".

We landed back in New York and Steve drove to Lara's house. As we pulled up I saw that she had not been living under good conditions.