Chapter 20

Sunghee's POV

Sunghee's POV

"Well," Donghyuck kept forcing the conversation on me, causing me groan in annoyance.

"Where did you disappear to so suddenly? Kinda looked important."

For a brief moment, my brain was completely blank and I didn't know how to answer his question.
I felt like I was in math class, when the teacher suddenly called your name and expected you to solve a task on the board you absolutely had no clue about.

In addition, my racing heart and my restlessly trembling legs were giving me a difficult time as well.

It seemed to me that with every second that passed, a piece of my self-control would just slowly vanish into nowhere.

"None of your business", I replied after a short and unpleasant silence, but he only leaned forward to look me deeper into the eyes.

His expression alone was enough to send a warm shiver of fury down my spine.

"A boyfriend?"

"Uh... yes."

"Okay no boyfriend, good to know."

"Wha- I said yes!"

"Yeah, well you suck at lying."

Donghyuck smiled in amusement and leaned back against his own chair, as he watched me pout with an annoyed expression.

I rolled my eyes irritated and considered leaving for a moment, but before I could do so, he started questioning me again.

"So tell me, where'd you go?"

"Again, none of your fucking business", i growled, hoping he would finally drop the topic.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Okay, I'm going to say this as kindly and empathetic as I possibly can."

I took a deep breath before I looked him straight in the eyes as I hid my trembling hands under the table.

It was strange how the hate could affect my own body, even though I tried to fight it with everything I had.

"Just looking at you makes me wanna throw up. So if you'll excuse me, go find another girl that is actually interested in talking to you.
You gang members have the reputation of a man whore anyways."

Although I had hoped that the boy in front of me might get angry and would finally leave me alone, his reaction showed the exact opposite.

My words just seemed to amuse him more, causing him to laugh briefly and raise his left eyebrow at me.

"They call me a man whore?" he chuckled, not believing any word that came out of my mouth.

"They call you a man?"

"Ouch, touché I guess. Actually I'm not, I'm quite- wait, where are you going?"

For a short moment, I held my breath.

I didn't notice how my own feelings suddenly went from 0 to 100 and started to leave a burning sensation in my whole body.

I didn't even understand how it was possible for your nerves to react like this, but it felt like I was reliving a specific and familiar fire all over again.

In the meantime, his eyes seemed to follow every single one of my moves attentively as I slipped my phone into my jacket and carefully threw my gym bag over my shoulder.

My breath was now racing and my head was completely overwhelmed.

"Hey," Donghyuck repeated more seriously now, but I continued to ignore him and made my way out of the coffee shop.

My heart was beating against my own chest like some caged animal and threatened to jump out at any moment.

My breathing became more and more irregular, whereby I could feel every one of my limbs throbbing.

I rushed out of the café, out into the fresh air where tried to calm my trembling body by taking slow and deep breaths again and again.

As soon as I wanted to start walking again, I suddenly felt a grip around my wrist, immediately looking back at the person holding me.

My heart took another leap as I looked into the boy's confused and slightly annoyed face. His gloomy eyes searching his ways straight into my soul.

Even before he could say anything, my body reacted on its own and let itself be guided blindly by my growing anger.

"Don't touch me," I hissed at him with my most threatening voice and tore my wrist out of his painful grasp.

I couldn't explain why, but everything inside of me wanted to scream at him or make him feel the way I did.

But instead of doing so, I just ran away.

I didn't know where I was running to, but it didn't matter as long as I didn't lose my control in front of his eyes.

Last chapter for today
Have a great day💚💚