CHAPTER 21

The next day.

Lucy groans in pain as she sat up, she squinted her eyes and look around that she was back in her apartment, "Ugh..."

"Are you okay?"

She looked to the right where Natsu was sitting beside her on the bed while crossing his arms, "How many times I have told you not to do something crazy stuff like that until you hurt yourself?"

Lucy shrugs, "Well I didn't mean to over myself that way—"

"Are you satisfied being like this all the time?" asked Natsu coldly.

"What? No!"

"Then stop being like this! Don't force yourself into something dangerous and reckless that were not going to know what will happen!"

Lucy was taken a back by the sudden outburst, as the fire dragon slayer continues. "Don't make me worried Luce! You don't know how much I was scared back then when Zeref told us that you're going to die if Agnor was defeated, I was blaming myself. And I was so angry I cannot do anything to save you from the curse!"

Lucy shivered as she clutches her sleeves hard, wanting more to hear what Natsu said. "So please...Don't make me see another you feeling hurt, again."

"W-What do you mean, Natsu?"

Natsu take a deep breath, trying not to trembled, "Agnor made me look back at the past... Where future Lucy dies and that you were covered in blood by one of the 12 Spriggan that I thought you were really dead back then."

"It makes me angry I couldn't do anything but remember those," he looked down to the floor, his shoulder went limp to the side, Lucy could tell Natsu was really hurt, she really wanted to know is this really affect him that much? Was she important to him more than a best friend?

Lucy slowly cupped his both cheeks and made him to look at her in the eyes, "Natsu, I am doing what was right like my own heart says. At first, I didn't know what to accept or rid off this demon power, but one day Zodiac was like telling me that this power brought goods, even with the curse I could save many people and I would want to chose the fate to accept Zodiac to be part of me."

"And about the past you've seen me, just remember that I am here Natsu. I am still alive, breathing, and here I am now, facing you. I will be alright okay? Thank you for worrying about me and I am sorry I made you hurt, I'll be careful next time, I promise."

Natsu just stood silence, focusing on the blonde. Her voices made him somewhat feel better and her gorgeous smiles and sparkled eyes are making him not to look away from her. She was still cupping his face but then soon realized, she let go nervously.

"Oh, uh... sorry."

'I wanted to know Natsu, what you actually felt right now. I wanted to know if you love me more than a best friend or is it true Lisanna is the one you—'