Part 10

In celebration of my first submission to The Wattys for the first time, I present to you.... *drum rolls*... double update!

Okay bye~ *sings in Anna's voice in the do you wanna build a snowman song*

Jungkook's POV

I saw Jimin laughing.

And I couldn't believe how much I've missed to see his happy face.

I just watched as he walked into the convenient store with that tall library guy.

The convenience store was close to the place of the girl I'm seeing now. Our group had gathered there since the last class today, and I was assigned to buy more beverages for the group, since we were out of it after spending almost seven hours working on our last assignment for the semester.

My eyes followed Jimin’s movements without miss.

They seemed close.

From the way they were joking with each other, I could see that Jimin had been comfortable around the male. He laughed and even initiated skinship, meaning that he was comfortable with the male despite me never knowing the existence of the taller guy before.

This means that Jimin was comfortable with someone he just knew for about two months.

Should I be happy for him?

Or worried?

There's this some unidentified feeling that had been swirling inside me, making me feel very uncomfortable while being a bystander.

The feeling of being left out?

Abandoned?

Missing out?

I couldn't pinpoint on the exact feeling, but it wasn't pleasant.

However, I stood to my place, not moving an inch towards the small boy even how much I wanted to get a closer look at his face.

After talking to Taehyung, I realized that the harm to Jimin was truely me, looking at how much his cheeks paled into white everytime we met eyes.

The cheeks that were always went pinker everytime I stared at him was now only pink when I was not in his sight.

The pair of eyes that always sparkled with love everytime they laid on me only pooled with tears everytime we met now.

The laugh that would rang everytime I made silly comments would only rang when he didn't think of me.

The arm hug that I'd always get everytime we walk side by side was now only given to the one by his side, because I was no longer there.

Had I been replaced?

Did I have any place in his heart at all, now?

Was I only left in his head as bad memories?

Feeling the lump in my throat thickened, I forced myself to turn away from the store, canceling my plan to enter the place in the first place.

If not getting the snacks and drinks for the study group meant more smiles on Jimin’s face, I'd rather receive smacks from my groupmates than making the smile falter again.

--

"Did you get - why are you empty handed?" I got into the house and was greeted by the girl. She looked at me with questioning furrowed eyebrows, weirded at me coming back empty handed.

If it's Jimin, he'd immediately picked up the difference in my face.

"I'm not feeling well, sorry" apologizing, I tried to curve a smile on my lips but not really succeeding.

"No, it's okay. We're finishing anyways," she shrugged her shoulder, walking back to the living room where two more of our group members were sitting.

If it's Jimin, he'd always hug and kiss me at the door even when we'll be teased by our friends who came to visit.

Following behind her to the table where the rest of our friends were, I just went straight to my things and sat on the chair I left empty earlier.

"You want to lie down on the bed?" she offered, pointing to her bedroom as she started taking the papers back in her hand, continuing the assignment.

If it's Jimin, he'd offer a cuddle on the bed instead, and kicked out everyone except us two.

"I think I'll go home," I told, earning nods from them.

"Oh, alright. Can you go home alone?" she looked up briefly, as her fingers never stopped typing on her keyboard.

If it's Jimin, he'd never let me go home by myself. He'd force me to sleep over, or offered to walk me home instead.

"...Yeah, I'll be alright," leaving the house and staring into the starry night, I let out a long heavy breath, before started walking back to my house.

The house without Jimin.

God, I miss him.

I miss Jimin.