❀ FOUR

APRIL 13, 2017

"Donghyuck? You're not going to come with us?" his close friend, Mark question as he approached the younger, a bag suspending loosely on one shoulder.

"Where?" Donghyuck peered up from his desk as he had just finished writing a little note.

"The milkshake diner!" Jeno said enthusiastically, excited to order one of the famous milkshakes displayed on the menu.

Donghyuck frowned a bit, suddenly looking down.
I have therapy... and I'm getting admitted to the hospital today again...

Jaemin noticed his morose expression and fake coughed. "Uhh, I think we should postpone our trip to the milkshake diner."

"Huh? Why-" Jaemin interrupts Jeno as he bobbed his head towards Donghyuck and soon they realized why.

Mark wrapped an arm around Donghyuck, "Therapy?"

Donghyuck gave them a sad smile before nodding, "Unfortunately... I'm so sorry. But, you don't have to postpone it! It's oka-"

"We won't be complete without you, Hyuck," Jeno stated and patted his shoulder.

"How about we walk you to your hospital again?"

Donghyuck smiled and nodded, "I'd like that."

• • •

Hyemin let out a relieved sigh after successfully performing surgery on a patient. "Nice work." one of her co-workers said after they sent the patient into their own ward.

The woman walked down the grey slate floors of the hallways. Nurses walking down with clipboards on hand while others either helped a patient or comforted a crying family member. It felt so stuffy, smelled like an intoxicating drug.

As she passed a few more wards, she came across a girl in her wheelchair as she talked to a tall, black-haired boy.

The girl noticed the doctor right away and gave her a little wave, breaking off from the little conversation she was having with her brother. "Dr. Son!"

Both of Hyemin's eyebrows lifted up in slight shock before responding with a friendly smile, "Misun! Please, just call me Hyemin."

"How are you feeling?" Hyemin tilts her head.

"I'm okay... oh! This is Hyunjin, my cousin."

Hyemin bows her head politely, "It's nice to meet you."

"You too." Hyunjin returned the gesture calmly.

"It's Thursday today, Haechan has therapy today, right?" her eyes were hopefully, wanting to see the boy despite seeing him a few days ago.

Hyemin felt her nerves kicking in as she was suddenly reminded of Donghyuck. A small smile formed on her lips as she nodded, "Yes, Donghyuck will be here today. Um, will you please excuse me? I have to go."

Misun gave her a smile, "He will? Thank you, Hyemin!"

Hyemin walked past the two and let out a heavy sigh. A somber atmosphere circling her as she trudged her way to her office.

• • •