❀ SIX

APRIL 13, 2017

"Donghyuck!" Hyemin exclaimed as she met with him at the front entrance, seeing a bunch of his friends with him. "Oh? You brought your friends?"

"Hmm? Oh, they're just here to drop me off." Donghyuck shook his head before turning to the boys, "Thanks by the way- but... I'm telling you, I won't be able to join in anymore."

"Any more?" Jaemin froze, "No... what do you mean by anymore?"

Donghyuck frowned before looking at Hyemin. The doctor understood quickly and left the teens alone.

"I'll be staying in the hospital again... they said my condition got worse..." he sighed heavily before giving them a forced smile, "I'm sorry."

Tears gathered in the rims of Mark's eyes as he scrunched his nose, wanting to avoid the sad atmosphere. "Why are you sorry?"

"I-"

"Why...? It's not your fault."

Donghyuck looked down, biting down hard on his bottom lip, suppressing the urge to let out a cry. "Because I lied to you that I would get better... but the truth is... I'm not getting any better."

• • •

FEBRUARY 19, 2017

Laughter filled the air as Donghyuck sat next to Misun in the wooden bench provided. "What's your dream, Haechan?"

Donghyuck hummed, pausing for a quick thought before. "I want to be a singer-songwriter!" he grinned.

Misun gaped at his answer, "You sing?"

He gasped dramatically before rolling his eyes, "Sun, I've been singing you to sleep for the past five years now!"

Feeling flustered out of nowhere, she never really heard him sing other than his random voiced of lyrics. It was such a Donghyuck thing to sing a line from a song suddenly, but other than those little bits, she never really heard him sing a full song.

"Y-You do?"

Donghyuck snorted before pinching her nose, "I'm sad- my sunflower doesn't pay attention to me. Did you know sunflowers always face the sun?"

Misun giggled, "Thanks for the trivia, but I never really heard you sing a full song before."

You're wrong, Haechan. You've always caught my attention.

"Well, I'll sing for you someday, okay? It has to be special," he said, looking up at the blue skies.

Hesitantly, Misun leaned her head onto Donghyuck's shoulder, the boy shocked by her sudden action but shrugged it off quickly when she didn't say anything.

"Sun?"

"Yes, Hyuck?"

"Are you tired?" he questioned softly, looking down to notice her droopy eyes.

"No..."

Liar. Donghyuck thought simply before playing with her hair. "Misun, you can always lean on me whenever you're tired."

"I know."

The peaceful atmosphere was soon thrown away as Hyemin called out for the teenager. "Donghyuck."

The two jolted up form their position. Misun looking away, reaching up to touch her hair whilst Donghyuck moved away, gulping down nervously.

"Hyemin?"

Hyemin gave him a stern look, "Time for therapy."

Misun's eyes flickered onto the boy wordlessly. Seeing how his fingers curled up into a fist, he took a deep breath. "Give me a few minutes."

"Okay, be there quick," Hyemin said before walking off, feeling happy yet sad inside for Donghyuck.

Happy that he was able to become closer to Misun yet sad for the news that was about to come.

"I have to go now, Sun. I'll see you before I go home." he said sadly, "Do you want me to send you back to your room?"

Misun shook her head, giving the boy a smile, "I'll just wait here."

Donghyuck ruffled her hair, "I'll be back."

But he never came back.

• • •