/Chapter 32/

Chapter Thirty-Two

Chaeyoung's PoV

I'm now in my room as I tried to gather what I dreamed of a while ago but I can't focus on myself because what Rosé told me is bothering me so hard.

I put down my pen and held my head as I felt tired.

"Why do I even do this. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find her. Plus, what for?" I asked myself.

I laid my head on my study table and stared at the pen.

Does she like me? Rosé likes me? How is that even possible? I don't know what to feel about this...

Flashback

"I like you Chaeyoung. Not just a friend or close friend. I like you for real. I can't sleep because I want you to know that. I do Chaeyoung."

I froze as I heard what Rosé said. I looked at her and waited to get back what she said to me for an unknown reason.

"What?" I asked once again but this time with a trace of disappointment.

I don't know but I just found myself with that feeling which is weird. I've been liking Rosé for too long and I'm sure that when I saw her come back, I'm so happy about it. I have a feeling that can't explain when I saw her. And hearing her confession, I should be happy with it but I don't know.

"I'm sorry for a sudden confession. I just want you to know about that before it's too late. I'll leave now Chaeyoung. Goodnight." She said and kissed my forehead before actually leaving.

I stayed at my position as if I forgot how to function.

"Why? Why I'm hurting about this? What's happening with me?" I asked myself as I held my chest because of the something that I felt.

End of Flashback

Until now, I'm still thinking about what happened. The pain is still here for an unknown reason. I know that I should be glad about this but I don't know. I don't know.

It's already 3:00 am and I'm still up.

I can't sleep, what should I do?

I sighed and sit properly. I get the pen and started to write what I saw in my dream again.

I dreamed of the girl again. This time she said that she knows me. But as she woke up, she forgets everything. She said that she recognized me by my voice. That means she knows me truly. But why I can't remember her? I mean I can't recognize her voice like what she did to know me even tho she can't see me. She said that the white place I'm up to and the forest have a meaning. She also said that she knows that I can see the strings.

I stopped writing as I realized what I wrote. I check again the last sentence in the letter and I found it right.

That could be a big clue.

I continue to write again as I saw that it was helping.

My parents, Mina's dad, Tzuyu, Tzuyu's mom, Dahyun, Rosé, and Mina are the only person who knows about these.

Of course, my parents are out of here. Also, Mina's father and Tzuyu's mother.

Leaving Tzuyu, Dahyun, Rosé, and Mina.

It's not Tzuyu and Dahyun since they know that I'm dreaming about that girl. If they had a dream about a girl, they would tell it to me even tho they can't remember it.

So, it must be Mina or Rosé.

They have similarities.

The girl in my dream is afraid of the forest which is Mina and Rosé.

They also know about what I'm able to do.

They know me. But Mina, I guess no. We just became friends for a short period. Rosé has a big chance to be the girl in my dream.

I stopped writing as I heard my phone is ringing.

I saw the Caller's ID and saw it was my dad.

"Hello, Dad?"

["Are you fine there?"] my dad asked with a melancholic tone.

"Yes, dad don't worry. I can handle myself here. I know you have an important meeting there." I convinced.

I know they are worried about my situation. I'm all alone here and no one can look for me. So, I need to tell them that I can handle myself here so even tho they are at their business meeting or trip, they wouldn't be worried about me.

"Don't worry about my dad. Anyway, why are you up till now? Are you guys still on your business trip? Where's mom? Is she sleeping already?" I asked continuously to change the topic.

I heard a sob from the other line that made me frown.

"Dad, are you crying?" I asked

["Chaeyoung...."]

"Dad are you ok? Where's mom?" I asked once again and started to panic as I heard dad is crying.

["Chaeyoung, your mom... She's."]

"What? Dad where are you I'm going to go there!?" I exclaimed and stood up to go out of my room but what dad said made me stop.

["She got into a car accident...She didn't make it."]

Suddenly my breathing stopped as I heard what dad said. My knees became weak causing me to slam on the floor.

"P-please tell m-me this is a joke," I said as I started to cry.

["Chaeyoung-"]

"Dad! Tell me! This is just a joke, right?!"

I heard dad crying out loud made me stop.

I ended the call and throw my phone.

"No, she's can't leave us."

I started to cry again while I'm kneeling on the floor.

"She can't leave us."

Eomma why?!

~~~~~~~~~~

It's already 6:30 am and my dad picks me up to go to the hospital where my mom is.

As we arrived at the hospital, we went to a place where no one else just a body covered with a white plain blanket.

My knees are trembling. I can't go near as I know what is going on.

I stopped myself from crying but I can't. My dad tapped my back to comfort me but it was not working.

As we got near, a guy pulls off the blanket revealing my mom who's now pale and dead.

I burst into crying as I saw her laying.

I sat on the floor and continued to cry.

"Why so sudden? Why you didn't even wait for me."

"Chaeng, we have to accept that she'll no longer be with us."

"Accept?! Dad are you ok? I'm staying at the house all alone. I thought everything was ok. But this happened. Dad this happened for just a day. Are you ok? Then you're telling me to accept this?" I said trying not to yell at him.

I left the place and ran as my feet take me to my place. To the treehouse.