❀ TEN

APRIL 14, 2017

Donghyuck walked out of his ward early in the morning, his jaw clenched as he thought about last night. It pained him that Misun just went past him as if he wasn't there and she didn't see him.

But why was she crying? Who had hurt her? He was ready to get mad at the person who hurt her.

Rubbing his nape nervously, he took a deep breath before twisting the doorknob to the ward. Not even gazing at the person, "Hey, Misun-"

"I'm not Misun."

The boy froze and looked at the person who occupied the ward, cheeks heating up in embarrassment when he realized he opened the ward next to Misun's instead.

"I- I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh- This is so embarrassing." Donghyuck gushed out and quickly turned around, ready to leave.

"Wait!"

Donghyuck turned around and looked back at the girl. "Uhh... what?"

"My name is Yoo Dayeon... and you are?"

Silence.

Donghyuck was left silent, his mind was blank as he pressed his lips together.

"Come on, at least tell me your name... Mr. Wrong-ward-intruder."

Donghyuck felt flustered for some reason and that snapped him out of his reverie. He looked away quickly, "Shut up. I'm not an intruder!"

"Mhm- let's not talk about how you just casually walked into my ward not even bothering to check the nameplate first." Dayeon pointed out with a slight smirk.

Donghyuck scoffed, "I'm Donghyuck, happy now?"

Dayeon nodded, "What are you doing up at this hour? It's like four."

"I wanted to watch the sunrise-"

"Me too! Let's watch it together!" Dayeon cut him off quickly and carefully hopped off her bed, dragging her IV stand with her.

"Excuse me- what?"

Dayeon approached him and she grinned up at him, "I said let's watch it together! Now come on, the sun isn't gonna wait for us!" she said and grabbed his arm, dragging him out of her ward and down the hallway to where the viewing area was.

"We're just in time!" Dayeon chuckled, clapping her hands together.

Donghyuck looked down at her before gazing up at the sun.

Shit... Misun.

Donghyuck turned around, seeing Misun in her wheelchair with her nurse behind her. She had this hurt expression plastered on her face.

"Take me back to my room, please," Misun said softly and the nurse nodded.

Donghyuck silently cursed, "Wait- Misun!"

Dayeon turned around, "Misun?"

Donghyuck gritted his teeth, "Thanks a lot. Hope you enjoyed seeing the sun." he uttered out annoyed before walking off, heading to Misun's ward.

He opens it only to find it empty. "What..."

"Excuse me, sir? Is there anything wrong?" a nearby nurse questioned him as he stood there staring into Misun's empty room.

"Where's the patient that occupied this room?"

"Oh... I believe Miss Hwang is at taking therapy at the moment."

Donghyuck nodded, "Thank you." the nurse bowed at him before walking off.

The boy sighed and ruffled his hair, turning around to find Dayeon staring at him.

"What do you want?" he harshly asked.

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't be. It already happened." Donghyuck muttered and walked past her.

• • •