❀ TWELVE

APRIL 14, 2017

His words rang in her mind clearly. Realizing the one-inch distance between them made her blush furiously. Gulping down, "D-Donghyuck." her voice squeaked.

"Misun," he said softly and backed away, ruffling her hair playfully.

She was confused. Why was Donghyuck making her feel like this? He acts like they were together, always checking up on her, saying cute-yet-cringe phrases at her, hugging her - it made her so confused.

Were they friends? Or more than that?
She didn't know.

"Aigoo, still the stubborn and sulky Misun, hmm?" Donghyuck cooed and reached out to pinch her cheeks. "My Sun is so cute."

Misun pressed her lips together before looking away, prying his hand off her cheeks. "Stop it."

"Your nurse told me you didn't want to eat, why?"

"I didn't feel like it." she murmured and watched Donghyuck sit down, placing the tray on top of his lap.

"Hmm, at least eat a little?" he questions and scooped up the food, turning towards her who avoided it.

"No."

"Come on, Sun."

"No."

Donghyuck slumped his shoulders, nose crinkling a bit. "Why not?"

"W-Why don't you go feed that girl instead?"

He was taken aback by her sudden sentence before chuckling deeply making the girl turn beet red. "Wha- why are you laughing!?" she turns to him.

"Are you jealous?"

"N-No." she furrowed her brows, averting her gaze down into the food, her stomach lowly grumbling in hunger.

Donghyuck cocked a brow up, "Seems like you're hungry, Sun."

"No- I'm... not," she mumbled, still staring down at the food.

Donghyuck giggled and reached up his free hand to ruffle her hair. "You're really cute, Sunflower."

"I'm not jealous."

"I didn't say you are." Donghyuck retorted making her huff and face him.

"You're so-" the moment she opened her mouth, Donghyuck shoved the spoon into her mouth making her shut up and eat the food once he took it out. "Good girl." he smiled.

Misun rolled her eyes before swallowing, "Who is she?"

"I thought you weren't jealous?"

"I- Can't I ask!?"

"Hmm... I mistaken her ward as yours- and speaking of jealous... who was that guy you were with yesterday?"

Misun hummed, "He was my cousin."

Donghyuck deadpanned. Thank God- okay, he's not someone who's going to steal Misun away.

"I heard you had therapy, how'd it go?"

Misun sighed, "They said there are some little improvements... but even so- I can't even walk..."

Donghyuck chuckled, "Don't you remember what I told you when we were kids?"

She tilted her head, curious to know what it was. He rolled his eyes playfully before flicking her forehead, "You don't have to worry because I'm here. I'll take you wherever you want to go."

She hummed, totally remembering that moment.
It was summer, the year 2014 and both of them were in Misun's ward.

Donghyuck was stopping by to give her a goodbye hug since he was going to be spending his summer at Jeju. "I'm going to miss you..." the young girl murmured as she hugged him, "I wish I could go with you."

"I'll take you there when we get older! When both of us are finally out of the hospital." Donghyuck told her, "I promise!"

"Really?" Her eyes brightened at his words but then remembered her paralyzed legs. "I can't even walk, Hyuck..."

"I'll give you a piggyback ride! I'll carry you wherever you want to go!"

Donghyuck noticed her sad eyes and reached out to give her another hug, however, this one was a tighter one. "You don't have to worry because I'm here. I'll take you wherever you want to go."

• • •