1

Y/N POV

"Are you ready for this dude?" My best friend, Drake asked me as our limo pulled up to Madison Square Garden.

Tonight was the Grammy's, and I was nominated for five awards. Album of the year, song of the year, Best R&B song, Record of the year, and best pop solo performance.

I know, that's a lot of stuff. I can't believe it either. I've worked my ass off to get here though, and I'm endlessly grateful for everything.

I started making music back when I was in high school, and I've always wanted to do it as a job, but I never thought I'd get the chance.

I was signed to Colombia records at 19, and have been working on my craft non stop since then. I've met a lot of shitty people along the way, and a few great ones, but I guess that just comes with living in LA.

I met Drake when he and I collaborated on one of the first songs on my first album. Since then, we've been inseparable.

Since being signed, I moved from Washington down to LA, and now live in the Hollywood hills, and I'm just living my best life.

"Just another Sunday baby." I smirked at him and stepped out of the car, immediately being bombarded with screams from fans, questions from the press, and the click and flash of dozens of cameras.

I remember the first time I ever walked the red carpet. 19, nervous as shit, and surrounding by a bunch of gorgeous women.

I'm much more comfortable and confident now though, so this was a cake walk. This is the outfit I'm wearing tonight:

 This is the outfit I'm wearing tonight:

I must say, I think I look fly as hell.

All the interviews and pictures took a good twenty minutes, and then D and I were ready to head inside.

The show wouldn't start for another 30 minutes, so we had a lot of time to find our seats and get drinks if we wanted.

Even after coming here for almost 6 years, the huge scene of beautifully dressed super stars is still pretty intimidating.

"Yo, I want to introduce you to someone." I looked over at my best friend quizzically. It's common knowledge that he has a ton of music connections in the industry, and I've met quite a few of his friends, like DJ Khalid, Justin Bieber, and a shit ton of others.

"Who is it this time?" I asked, poking fun at the fact that he always seems to say this whenever we go to an award show or social event.

The rapper chuckled and winked. "You'll see."

I shrugged, but followed him through the crowd of people, saying hi to people that I knew as we walked by. We ended up at a bar full of people towards the back of the venue, but the vibe here was different. More private. It was clear everyone over here were a tight knit group.