Chapter 4

Ava's POV

I was still in the room that my asshole of a mate left me in. Not having anything else to do, I stood to my feet and took a look around. The room looked like it belonged to a male and if the smell was anything to go by, then this was his room.

The only colors I could see were grey and black. He did not like color at all. His room looked so depressing, like there wasn't any personal touch to it. He just had everything he needed and added a few abstract paintings.

This room might have looked depressing, but it was nowhere close to how depressing my 'room' was. It was the nicest room I have ever had the pleasure of being in that I did not have to clean.

"Hi" I heard a voice and turned around to the doorway. I didn't even realize that someone had entered the room until now.

There was a girl standing in the doorway. She was probably 5'4, with dark curly hair and caramel skin tone. She had honey brown eyes, a straight nose and pouty lips. She was very beautiful and the white summer dress that she worn, made her look like an angel.

"Um... Hi" I waved awkwardly, feeling a bit self-conscious in my oversized clothes.

"The al- I mean Jayden sent me to keep your company" she said with a polite smile.

"Jayden?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, he brought you in here" she said giving me a strange look.

Jayden.

At least I won't have to refer to him as 'asshole' or 'jerk' anymore.

"Oh right" I said, wanting to face palm myself.

"I'm Katie" she introduced herself.

"I'm Ava" I replied.

"Well Ava, would you like me to give you a house tour?"

"Sure" I replied unsurely.

"Great!" she said clapping her hands excitedly.

We walked out the room and she showed me around. I couldn't help all the stares I got as I walked by pack members. They were probably wondering why I was here, and so was I. I get that mates normally moved in together when they found each other, but he didn't even say anything to me other than that I was his.

I could feel the stares boring in the back of head as I walked by. I could hear the whispers as they no doubt were talking about me.

"Do you know why I'm here?" I asked Katie.

"Everyone does. You're the lu- I mean you're Jay's mate" she said with a nervous smile.

Weird, she was hiding something from me. They all were, but I didn't know what it was or why they were hiding it. She always started saying something, only to stop midsentence and correct herself.

"Speaking of mates, where is the alpha?" I asked curiously.

"He's away" she said looking anywhere, but at me. She was a terrible liar.

"You're lying" I stated.

"Look, I can't answer all your questions because it's not my place to say" she said giving me an apologetic smile.

"Are you hungry?" she changed the subject.

"I can eat" I said, even though I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning.

We went to the kitchen and everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at me. I moved behind Katie to shield myself from their curious stares.

"Nothing to see here!" she exclaimed and everyone went back to what they were doing.