c h a p t e r 10- brown-eyed boy

pic of Cole ;) ^^

Mortified, I pushed myself up, stuttering incoherently.

'Oh god! Shit, I'm- I'm so sorry. Oh my god...'

Finally, I managed to get myself into a standing position, the boy who I'd just fallen up looking up at me with... amusement? Caught in his gaze, I took a moment to study him. Dark, curly hair fell in perfect form on his head- it somehow managed to look messy but styled at the same time, a look so many failed at but he managed to do perfectly- and his eyes were a chocolate brown- warm and alluring. My eyes traveled down the rest of his face, stopping for a second at his lips because, Jesus, they looked soft, before flickering to his very prominent jaw line and cheekbones. In other words, he was hot. Like, model type hot.

I think I fell in love right there. That was before he opened his mouth.

'Damn girl, if you wanted my attention you could've just asked- no need to spill paint all over yourself.' He smirked while casually glancing me up and down. And just like that, my love was gone. Ugh, of course he was an egocentric jerk! I should have known it was too good to be true. No guy can be hot AND nice. Opening my mouth to retort back, I was cut of by a shrill voice from the front.

'Is there a problem in the middle row?'

Turning round to face Mrs Durelle, I smiled sweetly. Come on Alyssa, think fast? What's something a middle-aged, possibly crazy women would believe?

'Oh, I was just experimenting! I just thought, why is it that we paint on canvases when there are more eco-friendly resources such as... ourselves?' Cringing inside, I held my breath as I watched the emotions on Mrs Durelle's face turn from confused to delighted.

'Wow! I really think you're onto something!' she mused, then continuing on to debate the pros and cons of canvases.

Paint boy (I still didn't know his name) scoffed beside me. I glared at him one last time because, hello, I still wasn't over his stupid little comment, before stalking back to my seat where Lyra still sat.

Sitting down with a huff, I crossed my arms over my paint splattered shirt and turned to Lyra, who was appeared to be in a state of shock. I stole a crisp from her hand and she blinked, out of her haze.

'Dude, that was awesome! Wow, you think quick. And you didn't even suck up to Cole! Yeah, we're definitely gonna be friends now.' I just laughed, plucking another crisp from her and watching in amusement as she glared at me while placing her crisps in the seat next to her.

'Why would I have sucked up to Cole then?' I asked her, glancing over to the brown-haired boy who was now just staring at me with a smirk on his face. Weirdo.

Lyra shrugged, 'He's the quarterback, hot and popular. All the girls want him and they get him. Well, they get him for a bit and then he leaves them for another.'

'And they still like him?' I asked incredulously. What happened to self-respect? Who would purposely go for a player and then not be bothered when they get dumped?

Lyra shrugged again before saying simply, 'Everyone wants a bit of him, I guess.'

I frowned. Rich people are weirder than I initially thought. At least I found someone who seems normal, I thought, glancing happily at Lyra.

Lunch came quickly, thankfully, and although some people gave me weird looks for my paint- covered shirt, I didn't mind too much. Walking down to the cafeteria with Lyra, I realised I didn't have any money for lunch. I never had it at my old school so I didn't really care but I had a suspicious feeling that if my brothers knew, they wouldn't be too happy. I guess I'll just have to keep it a secret.