Chapter One Hundred & Nine: A Sword Tattoo

-"Sometimes people are beautiful

Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are."
― Markus Zusak

I stare at them all in silence

I stare at them all in silence. "Well... Baby Val was completely insane... no shocker there." I shrug and then look at Lily. "What's up with the Primrose thing?"

"You were Primrose. That was your name. Your legal name before Petunia changed it to Valentine."

I blink at her. "I am not a damn Primrose. What were they thinking?! What kind of a name is that?! Do they have a problem with flowers? Cause it's getting really repetitive! First Petunia then Lily and now Primrose?!"

"I'm pretty sure there's a flower out there called Valentine too. Don't think you're safe." Lily scoffs. "You and Tom are more connected than you thought." She changes the topic to a more serious note.

"Voldemort linked your souls that day. That single decision made the fates reconsider his future, and they agreed to tether you to him. He spared you. Showed you the most mercy he'd ever shown in his life." The voice comes from behind me, and I whirl around to stare at the woman who seemed to dress in the flames that she appeared to be made out of.

"Well, they must be having a field day with the amounts of times he's saved me now."

"We can not lie and say you have not influenced him."

"So does that mean we're soulmates? Cause that would be weird... I was a baby back then." I stick my tongue out in disgust.

"A soulmate doesn't necessarily mean a romantic interest. A soulmate is your other half." Photia speaks, amused.

"But now it does?"

"You love him, do you not?" She asks as if her question answered my own. Then she's in front of me, her eyes a fiery whirlwind of smoke and heat. "Will you take the oath?"

"The oath to make me a Hell bearer? No, I don't really want to. Why?" I tell her, and I could tell her patience with me was wearing thin.

"You are a Hell bearer with or without the oath. You will see the monsters regardless, and they will rip you apart." She threatens.