11 - too comfortable,

The following week Mid finally found himself back to business, while he was fully healed and could move back into his house when he was ready, he decided to stay at Lotus's house a little longer. Though she was skeptical, she let him leave the house by himself, as long as he made to text or call her if he would be out a little later than usual—which was majority of the time.

During that time Mid kept his distance from everyone, including Bambi. Although they all have tried to get in contact with him, Mid decided it was best to stay to himself and clear his mind. They knew he needed his space, especially after Koi's revelation of cheating on him. Bambi told Lotus to keep her updated on him, figuring she couldn't force her brother to talk to her. Even though she was worried about him, it put her mind at ease knowing he was with Lotus.

Among those reached out to him earlier in the week was Nimo, and while he did reach out to check on Mid after hearing what happened to him, he still wanted to know if he was willing to take him up on his offer. Mid told him he'd get back to him with an answer, as he still hadn't thought about it.

Mid pulled up in front of Lotus's house, and honked the horn. Lotus told her grandparents that she would be back, making sure to lock the door behind her. She slid her shades down on her face, sashaying towards the car. She got into the car, sitting her purse on her lap, reaching back to grab the seatbelt.

"Now you said you were gonna be here thirty minutes ago sir," Lotus side eyed him, with an annoyed expression. Mid remained quiet, and pulled off onto the street. "You can at least speak, rude ass."

"Did you eat?" he asked her,

"Yes, did you?" she questioned him back, knowing he hasn't been having an appetite lately. He would go majority of the day without eating unless Lotus forced him to eat something.

"Nah," he shook his head, turning up the volume of music before she could start scolding him. Lotus decided to leave it alone, not having the energy to argue him down over it.

Neither one spoke the rest of the car ride, instead just listening to the music that played on the Bluetooth. Forty minutes later, he pulled onto the lot of the house. Lotus got out, leaving him behind as she pranced towards the front door. While Lotus went into the house, Mid sat in the drivers seat, running his hands down his face, blowing out a breath of frustration.

He had to mentally prepare himself to go in and get back to business, everyone was now looking at him to make the decisions again, but after finding out some information earlier in the week, there were a few changes that needed to be made.

He thought he could trust Bambi with running the business but she let something slip past him, and it had him on ten. It only proved to him that they really couldn't handle being on their own without some type of guidance.

Mid got out of the car, locking the doors. He headed inside, and went straight to the conference room.

Mid walked into the room, all the chattering instantly dying down. He took a sip from water before screwing the top back on and placing it on the table.

"Y'all could at least say welcome back," he scoffed, making everyone laugh. He shook his head slowly pacing the room. "I'm good though, y'all ain' gotta keep hittin' my phone askin' if I'm straight. I'm alive and walkin'. But I ain' too happy wit' certain shit, and I feel like shit needs to be addressed," he began. He started to open his mouth to say something, he cleared his throat, rubbing over his beard.

"Nevaeh?" he called to Lotus, he heard her hum as she leaned against the wall on her phone. "You part of dis' right?"

She ripped her attention away from her phone and tilted her head in confusion. "You apart of the crew right?" he asked her again, she looked around the room, seeing everyone's eyes were now fixed on her as she slowly nodded her head. "Okay so act like it," he gestured towards her then at the table, indicating he wanted her to sit down.