Vent Gremlins™

The first time it happens, Shinso is confused, and rightfully so. One second he was listening to the chatter of the class while resting his eyes, the next, he's on something arguably less comfortable than his chair and the chatter is quieter now, farther away. Opening his eyes, he can barely see his nose, the only light coming from the grate in the floor a dozen or so feet ahead of him. He blinks, trying to adjust, both to the low lighting and the new surroundings, when a soft giggle comes from behind that has him relaxing, lying back onto surprisingly soft muscled thighs.

He grins lazily up at glowing green eyes, bright with amusement, "so," he drawls, "come here often?"

Izu's giggles turn into a snort which only widens Shinso's own grin. He gently pushes Shinso off his lap and crawls around (not making a sound, holy shit) "come check out my nest, Toshi!"

Shinso follows him, making far more racket than he thinks Izuku even could, "your nest, huh? Isn't that a bit fast? We're not even on first base yet, Izu~"

He can't see the blush, but he knows it's there when Izu abruptly slams into a wall, he backs up, sniffling a bit, and Shinso can already imagine the big, wet eyes and cute pout when he whines, "Toshiiii!"

Chuckling, he urges Izu to keep moving, and soon they make it to a little dead end that's tall enough to sit up in (and then some) and big enough to fit a twin mattress, TV, a not-so-mini-fridge, and a metric ton of blankets and pillows. Shinso gapes (he can't help it), how did he fit a mattress through the vents? And the fridge and TV? How even? There's different colored fairy lights on the walls and hanging from the ceiling, what looks like a small bookshelf and lamp in the corner.

When he tunes back in, Izu is already lost in the pile of blankets, the only evidence being the slight movement as he gets himself comfortable. Then he pops his head out, grinning at him, "so?"

"How?" and there's not enough infliction in the world to stress the absolute disbelief in his voice.

Izu shrugs, or at least, Shinso thinks he does, the blanket pile moves a bit, "it's right under Nezu's office, so it was probably built as a shelter of sorts." (What Izuku won't say (he has to protect his cryptid status, after all) is that after the first time he wandered in here and napped, it was filled with most of the stuff when he came back. He doesn't even have to suspect, because it's most definitely something Nezu would do.)

He is somehow pulled into the nest and they spend the rest of lunch watching low quality anime. And that's how it usually goes, neither of them show anyone else, and sometimes they even pull pranks on unsuspecting victims walking under the vents.

And if there's rumor of UA being haunted, well, that's neither here nor there. (Nezu's having a field day with all the blackmail material of his staff he's able to collect, if he puts chocolate and coffee into the mini-fridge as a gift, well, no one's going to acknowledge that.)