Chapter 24 - The Surge

The Ninja founded a school. Sensei was the headmaster of course.

Lucy on a normal occasion was a teacher, like the other Ninja. Though Lloyd went around to collect all of the rewards the people of Ninjago wanted to give them.

Lucy wanted to spend as much time with her family, so once a week she got a day off and went to visit her Mom and Dad at Garmadon's Monastery. And over the weekends she and Nya used to have girls days but Nya sometimes couldn't go.

"None of them?"

"Mom! They're like my brothers! No I don't like like any of them. Plus they're so much older than me!"

"What about Zane? Or Cole? They're nice boys, they'd be supportive."

"Mom! They're still five years older than me!"

"Misako, she's right. They are her brothers. And don't forget, she's technically only..."

"Nine. I'm going on ten." Lucy said. "Or thirteen. Really, I don't know."

"Right. You should just embrace your new age." Misako said.

"Why? So you can set me up with boys that age?" Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Ok, ok, I'm thirteen almost fourteen. But no boys!"

"You'll find the one eventually."

"Nope! No love for this girl. I will forever be a Single Pringle and kick as—"

"Lucinda!" Misako scolded.

"—and kick butt while doing so." Lucy corrected.

"She gets that from you." Garmadon laughed at Misako's accusation.

"I do!" Lucy agreed. "I'm a Daddy's girl, Lloyd's a Momma's boy."

Garmadon ruffled her hair. "Yes you are. When is Lloyd going to visit anyways?"

"He's still collecting rewards across Ninjago." Lucy pushed Garmadon's hand off her head. "I told him we didn't have to collect them, or the whole team could've split up and spread out across Ninjago, but Uncle Wu said that as teachers, the students needed to be taught. Only one of us could go and Lloyd has the dragon." Lucy rolled her eyes. "Kind of jealous truthfully, though I like my bike better."

To make up for all of the birthdays and holidays they missed out on, Misako and Garmadon gave Lucy a motorcycle. They also got Lloyd a new game console, since the old one broke when the Bounty was destroyed.

They smiled.

"I have to go now, I'll be back by tonight's lesson." Garmadon said.

"Bye Dad. I should be back at the school by then."

He nodded. "Bye." He kissed her forehead then pecked Misako on the lips before leaving.

"The usual?" Lucy asked.

"Why would we do anything else?"

Every week, if they chose a day that Garmadon had one of his little trips, Lucy and Misako would sit in her bedroom and do girl things. Things a mother would do with her daughter. They were a lot closer than before.

Misako would paint Lucy's nails and do something with her hair. Every time it was a new style and Lucy absolutely loved it. She let her hair grow out for it too. Now instead of above her shoulders, it came down to just below her armpits.

Misako was halfway down with a flower crown braid when Lucy's phone went off.

Lucy picked it up. "Hello?"

"We have an emergency at New Ninjago City! Come quick!" Nya exclaimed.

"What?! Ok. Be there soon." Lucy said. "Emergency at the city!" Lucy shot up and her braid fell. "Sorry Mom."