6.8

Just like that, the years went by. As time went by, the humans became very divided, with some choosing their government and the others choosing to side with the vampires. Many who sided with the vampires voluntarily became a half-blood vampire too.

Ran Shifei and Ti Mianzhong had been working well to make the image of the vampires much better in the eyes of the human as they gave the justice the government and the humans were never able to do. As they killed corrupted officials and criminals that roamed free, they won the support of those who had suffered unimaginable pain while watching the culprit walk free.

True to Bai Zhensu's words, he worked well to to aid the vampires in the dark, even making his own secret faction to support them. As he worked under the vampires, he also made sure to do his job as Achin's president. Now 30, he was a president that Achin revered.

On Chen Shujin's side, he worked to organize the vampires so that there would be no chances of any betrayal. Along with this, he also began having his way with the vampire hunters, playing them like a cat with a mouse.

Five years went by fast, yet the enmity between the humans tore their own nation apart. Achin, who had once stood so high, was suffering through many protests that roamed the streets. Many towns were left destroyed, becoming deserted in that short time period. The population of Achin had took a sharp drop.

Throughout these five years, Wen Zhuhei earnestly worked to get his name known. He quickly rose in the ladders as his power and name became known widely among the vampires. Though young he was, he was praised as one most suitable for becoming the next successor after Chen Shujin.

Chen Shujin snapped his fingers as his gold eyes peered at Bai Zhensu. His face still looked much the same, and that was only normal as he would no longer age.

But Bai Zhensu was different. Though not drastic, his facial features had fully matured. Now that he had been the president of Achin for over seven years now, he had fully gotten use to the crafty words spoken by those who tried to take him down. As he had a purpose through everything, he had kept strong as he secretly destroyed the government he was in.

"Well, you told me to come here. What do you want to tell me?" Chen Shujin questioned as he looked at Bai Zhensu who stared at him unnervingly.

Bai Zhensu looked at Chen Shujin, eyes dark and cloudy as he opened his mouth, "It has been five years. I wish to see my parents now."

Hearing this, Chen Shujin's lips rose up into a curve,"You finally can't wait anymore. I didn't think that you would be willing to wait so long. Since you said so, return with me. Ah, and I warn you, be careful. The vampire don't think much of humans."

Bai Zhensu's eyes were tinged with joy in them. He had patiently waited five years without saying anything, but now, he truly wished to see them

Chen Xueyi looked at the phone in his hand, raising a brow.

'I will be returning. Don't tell anyone.'

But, he didn't say anything as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket and walked away to begin completing the tasks that Chen Shujin had given him. He needed to find a Bai Ximeng and a Yi Rouyue then bring them to the palace.

The palace was essentially where most parties and banquets were held. Chen Shujin and Chen Xueyi didn't care for it but Ran Shifei and Ti Mianzhong held many parties and banquets there. It was a place where all vampires were invited to roam as they pleased and was also the most heavily guarded place as it held many vampiric artifacts.

And since the human was really coming to the vampire's territory, Chen Xueyi also needed to make sure of some precautions beforehand.

Chen Xueyi already knew where Bai Ximeng was and since the two were married then they had to be a married couple. So, he didn't take much time to find where their house was. Standing before the rather delicately designed house, Chen Xueyi knocked upon the door.