Chapter Fourteen- Bus Naps

A week had passed since Tanaka confronted (Y/n) for acting weird.

  Since then, it seemed like everything was back to normal, though both of them still got nervous around each other from time to time.

  Today was the first day of Prelims, and everyone was either nervous, tired, or excited, like Tanaka, and Noya.

  "Yo (Y/n)! You promised to sit next to me remember!?" Tanaka yelled at (Y/n) from the back of the bus.

  The girl made her way to the loud boy, still half asleep. She sat down next to Tanaka, sending a glare his way.

  "If you're that loud while I'm trying to sleep, I will throw your shoes out the window." She threatened, her usual joking voice turning to a serious one.

"OKAY!" Tanaka yelled, determined to piss his best friend of.

This caused (Y/n) to glare at him again. "Idiots get fried you energy-filled fucker." She finished, closing her eyes, and quickly drifting off to sleep.

About halfway through the trip, Tanaka felt something, or someone, lean against him. He looked over and saw (Y/n) sleeping on him, making him blush instantly.

  A movement in front of him made him look up, there he saw Noya looking at him, an impressed smile on his face.

  "Nice one Ryu!" He whispered, giving a thumbs-up. Noya turned back around, and Tanaka realized what situation he was actually in.

  'Oh my shit! (Y/n) is sleeping on my shoulder! She looks so pretty too! Okay, calm down Ryu.'

  Once he calmed down, Tanaka placed his head on top of (Y/n)'s head and drifted off to sleep as well.
.
  (Y/n) woke up when she felt the bus come to a stop.

  She opened her eyes, but something was preventing  her from lifting her head. She looked around, and saw that Tanaka was sleeping on her head.

  She felt her face heat up, not only because her crush was sleeping next to her, but also because she knew she was an ugly ass sleeper. (If you are a pretty sleeper you have my respect)

  The girl slowly moved her head out from underneath the boys head, careful not to wake him up.

  She looked at the boy next to her, his usual "intimidating", and goofy face, was replaced with a calm one... and (Y/n) wanted to ruin that.

Most of the team had already vacated the bus, leaving (Y/n), Noya, a sleeping Tanaka, and a few unlucky team members.

"Psst! Noya!" (Y/n) whisper yelled to Noya, catching his attention, and telling him her master plan.

Five minutes later, everyone was on the bus was in on the plan, even coach Ukai.

Everyone got into position, (Y/n) sliding back into her seat.

Coach Ukai laid his hand on the horn, getting some weird looks from people walking by. (Y/n), and Noya started screaming, and Ennoshita pushed Tanaka forward to make it seem like he was falling.

"TANAKA YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP WE'RE ABOUT TO GO OFF A CLIFF!" (Y/n) yelled, while Noya pretended to cry.

Tanaka woke up with a start, screaming his head off, tears threatening to fall. He grabbed onto the girl next to him and held her close still screaming.

Everyone on the bus began to laugh at the scared looking boy, Tanaka looking dejected, and confused.

"W-what's going on?!" He asked, still holding on to (Y/n). "Well, we needed to wake you up somehow!" She replied, an amused smile plastered on her face.

"That was so mean! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!" He yelled, becoming angry.

Noya then smirked. "So your first instinct was to grab onto (Y/n)? He asked.

Both the girl,and the boy's faces turned red, but (Y/n) decided to say something, acting as if she hadn't heard anything.

"Well, we better get inside before Daichi realizes we're missing." She got up and walked off the bus, the boys following behind.
.
(I'm not going to write the games because I'm not very good at that, but I will go into more detail for the seijoh vs karasuno match)

The Karasuno Boys Volleyball club left the gym in high spirits. They had won every game that day, meaning they would get to play again tomorrow.

They had played against two teams, and were now reminiscing over some of the highlights as they got on the bus.

(Y/n) flopped into the seat next to Tanaka, though he was avoiding eye contact.

She assumed that he was still mad over what she had done to him on the bus earlier.

"Are you still mad at me?" (Y/n) pouted dramatically, ready to throw in some tears if she needed to.

He finally looked at her, his goofy smile returning. "Nah, it was pretty funny." His face then went serious again. "But if you try something like that again, you're dead."

(Y/n) looked at him, shocked, but then her teasing smile returned. "No promises~" she said, before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Tanaka smiled, and soon drifted off as well.

———————————————————————————

Ugh I had so much fun writing this chapter, so I hope you liked it!

...I really want ice cream right now... too bad I live in the middle of nowhere! 😗✌️

  Did just scream like a velociraptor? Why yes, yes I did