Chapter 50 - Finale

"Tell me why the hell I have to dress nicely if it's all going to be hidden under the gown?" I groan as I go through my closet. "And it's so hot out, I swear if I could I'd just wear underwear under it."

"I'd like to see that," Soph laughs from my bed. "As soon as a little breeze hits it you'll be doomed."

"It would be the perfect goodbye, and one no one would forget."

"Go ahead, I'll have my phone ready," Soph says as I throw a shirt at her.

Today was officially the last day of school and tomorrow, the so awaited graduation ceremony and I'm freaking out. I'm so excited and anxious, I'm having a heart attack.

I just couldn't wait to be actually free from high-school. It was already something I looked forward to, but now it's much more than just wanting to be over with homework and mean teachers.

And to think that Daniella was one of those mean teachers. Well, she still is, even to me... I was never really bothered by that though if you know what I mean.

Pretty women can step on me all day and I'll say thank you, come back soon.

We barely had any classes today, it would be the perfect opportunity to spend some time with Daniella in her classroom. But unlike students, teachers had a lot to do, especially at this time of the school year. Daniella has been grumpy all week, so I'd hate to be the one to add even more stress on her. We'll have loads of time to spend together later on anyway.

Also, grumpy Daniella is scary... but not as scary as jealous Daniella, that's for sure.

Instead, I spent the rest of the day with Jenny and Soph, deciding what we would wear and planning on where to meet each other once we get there.

The day went by quickly and it was around 10 PM when Daniella called, and I must admit that I always get a little surprised and anxious every time she calls. I almost threw my phone at the wall out of excitement.

"Hey!" I say picking up immediately.

"Hey," she says amusedly. "Are you ok, why are you screaming?"

"I'm fine, I was just really excited to hear your voice."

"You've just heard my voice this morning."

"Nope, I heard your teacher voice telling us F off your classroom. I'm excited to hear your less bitchy voice," I say and I can almost hear her eyes rolling from the other side of the line. "So, why are you calling?"

"Can I not?"

"Of course you can, but your reasoning is?"

"No reasoning," she says simply and just like that, I'm the one eye-rolling.

"Just admit that you wanted to hear my voice too," I tease making her chuckle but she quickly changes the subject.

"Are you excited about tomorrow?"

"I'm having a nervous breakdown," I say partially joking. "Are you?"

"Yeah," I hear her say in a small voice. "For a moment there I thought you wouldn't make it," she says now in clearer tone.

"Well thank you, it's nice to know you had so much faith in me," I joke.

"Anna, please, faith in you? You basically either slept through most of my lessons or shamelessly stared at my butt."

"And look, I made it. The butt sighting gave me strength."

"I'm pretty sure it was our countless studying sections."