Ch. 23 - Date

Picture: Rayna's dress
Song: Everything Is Temporary (Sticks and Stones) by Cavetown
Words: 1743
Published: July 17th, 2020
Third Person POV

Later that day, around 9 P.M., Harley has a question for Rayna.

They're sitting in the Alpha Wing living room together, cuddling on the couch. Rayna was forcing Harley to watch more of Criminal Minds back from 2007 with her, but he was okay with it.

She had already showed him her gift for him earlier in the day. It's a small piece of abstract art for him to keep in his office. Of course, now it's sitting on his desk. He thanked her, and it makes him feel nice that she cares enough to make him things.

They're switching in between two episodes when he speaks up.

"Hey, baby?" Harley asks softly, looking down at her.

"Mhm?" Rayna hums, looking up at him, pausing the next episode from playing. He was sitting on the end of the couch, and she was sprawled across it wrapped in a blanket, her head resting on his lap.

"I have a question for you," he tells her, his heart speeding up.

"What is it?" she asks, sitting up, getting nervous.

"Rayna . . . will you go on a date with me?"

She pauses, surprised. She wasn't expecting that. When she comprehends his question, her cheeks go pink, and she pulls the blanket up to her face to hide it. Harley chuckles and pulls the blanket away to reveal her smiling.

"So?" he asks.

"Of course I'll go on a date with you," she tells him. He smiles and kisses her softly.

*~* The Next Day *~*

Harley and Rayna ended up unintentionally avoiding each other the next day.

When Rayna woke up, all she had was a note on the pillow next to her saying to be ready for their date at 7:30 and to stay out of their bedroom in the mean time. So, Rayna had Naomi and Savvy come to help her figure out grab what she needed to grab before leaving.

Harley spent the day heading around the castle, talking to people and asking for a few ideas or solutions to problems. He was also in his office a good deal, still having work and making a few calls.

Rayna spent it with the girls in the Castle Spa (an edition Harley's mother made). They gave her a mani-pedi, helped her get ready, and kept her calm. Harley was even more nervous, but he had Calum to help him.

Eventually, 7:30 rolls around.

Rayna was dressed in a beautiful light blue dress. It was strapless, off the shoulders, and reached just past mid-thigh. Underneath, she wore a white lace strapless bra and white lace underwear. Savvy had insisted that she wear it, as it might be important. Rayna was completely red when she put it on. On her feet, she wore white ankle socks and light blue flats.

For jewelry, all she had on was a white lace choker, though she does still want to get her ears pierced. For makeup, she had on blue and white eyeshadow, a light blush, some highlight, and blush colored lipstick. Her long brown hair was clipped back on one side, curled at the ends, and left down in waves.

Harley was dressed in a long sleeved, plain white shirt underneath a black vest. With it he wore a black tie, black slacks, and his signature black combat boots. His dirty blonde hair was slicked back, and his face was freshly shaved. He rolls up his sleeves as he looks at himself in the mirror, hyping himself up.