10 | Real Luv

"Swear she me, got her talkin' like a nigga
Look like somebody drew her, got the perfect figure
Havin' an attitude mean you really wanna beef up
Talkin' shit through the phone,
when I pull up, better not freeze up"
- Moneybagg Yo

"Swear she me, got her talkin' like a nigga Look like somebody drew her, got the perfect figure Havin' an attitude mean you really wanna beef up Talkin' shit through the phone, when I pull up, better not freeze up" - Moneybagg Yo

I woke up to the sound of Brynn's phone going off and her soundly sleeping on my chest. Brynn will ignore the hell out of her phone, but let me move from beneath her and she's popping up with the quickness. I reached over to grab her phone off the nightstand, snatching it off the charger so it'd reach my face. I read through the back to back texts from Moses questioning her whereabouts, asking if she was okay and if she needed him to take on any of her work. It pissed me off thinking that I'd unknowingly been around a man that's been involved with my wife.

I remember running into a guy who had the courage to describe the birthmark on my wife's back to me. That set me off and I almost went to jail for how badly I beat that man's ass. I only got a pass because of who I was on the court. I was benched for a game, but I lied and told Brynn I sprained my wrist and couldn't play. Thinking about another man exploring my wife the way I do makes me physically sick. It's something I've had to chalk up to the game though since this arrangement is all due to the mistake I made. 

Every time she'd miss a call, stay up in the dorms studying late, miss an away game because of exams it would make me feel a way. It's why I bought her a car, so she could come straight to me after class. Bought us a house, so I didn't have to go to sleep at night wondering if she was with someone else. That's one thing I had no choice but to respect. She'd forgiven me for cheating that one time and took away the restriction. I knew if I went back on it I'd possibly lose her to what I did. How could I police her when she'd already forgiven me for messing up?

I can barely even remember the first time I cheated, but I know it was a mistake. It was the first away game that me and my boys were legally able to drink, and boy did we go to town. As soon as I woke up the next morning I knew I had messed up. I had a dozen missed calls and texts from Brynn and an unknown bitch in my bed.

"Brynn?" I shook her shoulder until she released a groan.

"What?"

"We need to talk." I sent a generic I'm good text to Moses and sat her phone down beside me.

"About what?"

"Did you sleep with Moses?" She didn't respond immediately and I clenched my jaw, trying to remind myself that I have no room to be upset.

"Where is this coming from?"

"This nigga blowing your phone up like y'all dating." She released a yawn and adjusted her body so that she was looking directly at me.

"I haven't done anything sexual with him. I don't mess around with people I work with. It's a conflict of interest." Here she goes with this term again.