16 || Monster

No one is in the dungeon chambers. Guards have their sights set by the secret entrance to the basement itself.

No attention is paid at all to the thin whispers puffing out from the dark shaft. The passageway.

Ying leads the way even though it's already easy enough for them to pass through on their own. The only things making their journey difficult are the shadows. The boys follow through. "Sh. Mister Gopal, would you be quiet?" she whispers.

"But- I can't fit-"

"W-W-With all due respect- sir- That's none of Miss Ying's problems," Fang mumbles to the adult jammed by the entry way behind him.

Gopal finally lets himself loose and goes for the climb. "Well, your kidnapping wasn't supposed to be her problem too, right? So why let her bother?"

"Gopal, I swear to everything good, can we just focus on one thing for now?" she hisses. "We're lucky Fang came back alive and I ain't settling for worse.

"We need Yaya out of here."

Yaya's watch doesn't form the 'L' with its arrows no more, considering they've stayed outside for quite some time while she got to help BoBoiBoy up. Night time eventually spreads over the sky, with a half-moon like an arc in the oblivion.

This is a new room, a new entrance the two of them got into. White blends with bright yellow from the crystal chandelier atop the ceiling, and windows are covered in, what appeared to be seashells in pellucid white.

It's like sunset doesn't end here, though it's already almost midnight.

"One of my favorite lines was, 'Clueless, never wanted, still they danced...Gold breathed off the embers at an immortal face,'" she tells him, lifting her boots up as she walks. "For me, that's the best line. The imagery just felt so good."

The eccentric sensation surges through BoBoiBoy once, but lifts before even reaching his neck. Morphing panthers and poisonous sap, only an ingenious mind can conjure such an imagination. And the creative special one just happened to be her brother.

They've been talking long. "That's kind of nice, though," BoBoiBoy scoffs. "I never imagined Ocho being in a story or being in the fabrication of others' minds."

She isn't concerned with talking about the ballad in front of him. After all, it's all she ever wanted to talk about since day one. She never expected BoBoiBoy to be this amused, but she thinks it doesn't matter if it doesn't show so much.

Around his neck, he has his collar strapped on again.

Even with all the truth, they don't walk side by side. Understandably, the both of them would be uneasy. So she steps a bit further behind him instead, with small footsteps and hands in her steamy coat pockets like him. "Yes. To us, you were only a myth, a legend, a folklore," she chuckles. "Everyone thought I was crazy for thinking it was real. And, well, that's a half-truth."

Otoi comes to her memories in waves. He was a young teen when he wrote it, and since she was two, the story had already been like a fairytale to her.

"The only thing is, there's a missing page. And before you came to get me, I- could've found it," she says.

When she stops, BoBoiBoy doesn't, still swaying around. This time, he doesn't force her to continue. Rather, "Ah, I see" is all he says.

Behind him, Yaya can't see BoBoiBoy's face, or the expressions he might be trying to make. Every look of his was adamant to her before, and now she wants to know which were real or fake. At the very least, she knows him now. One wrong move of betrayal and she might as well pick up her butterknife and go.