Chapter 20

Anakin knew the first place to start would be at the prison. But he knew that Tarkin probably wouldn't let him in.

So he decided to just sneak in.

Through the ventilation shafts.

Making his way towards the control room at the front of the cell he waited for the clones to exit before crawling out of the shaft.

"I will never understand how Ahsoka can stay in those for so long." He chuckled to himself.

He looked at his surrounding.

On the screen in front of him he could make out that they were recorders that held every second of footage. For everything.

And all he would need was a copy of it.

Syncing the computer with his wrist comm, he tried his best to copy as much data as he could from the past few days.

He frowned as he tried and over.
True he was good with droids and ships. But not with this kind of stuff.

Waiting for the light on his comm to turn green he began to panic as he heard footsteps down the hallway.

"Just five more seconds." He whispered to himself.

Another step closer.

4

3

A beep at the door as the guard began to press the codes to enter.

2

The guard reached for the button.

1

Walking inside the guard was greeted with an empty room.

"Guess I have to do night shift by myself, again." The clone guard sigh in annoyance.

Anakin held back a chuckle as he looked at his wrist comm.

He silently prayed that this would help to prove Ahsoka was innocent.

——————

"So what's the job?" Ahsoka asked in a cool tone.

"I've been asked to apprehend a fugitive, or let's say old enemy." Boba said in a bit of a whisper.

Ahsoka inwardly prayed it wouldn't be Mace Windu due to the whole ordeal with them.

"Who's your employer?" Ahsoka asked skeptically.

"None other than The Great Jabba himself!" Boba said with a laugh.

Ahsoka smiled. She knew that the people who worked for him personally would get payed more.

"So are you going to give me the job, or is this a team up and we split the money?" Ahsoka asked.

"Well I had a crew for the job, but they kinda bailed on me." Boba explained as he reached for his helmet and slowly removed it from his head.

He had grown more into the Fett face, but strangely he didn't look like Rex and the other clones.
His hair had been shaved off, no doubt from his time in prison. And his face had grown more mature. He didn't seem to have the growth affect the clones did. He just seemed like a regular guy with regular aging.

Ahsoka lifted her eyemarkings in response.
"And why are you hiring me?"

"You seem like the type of person who can get things done right. Am I wrong?" Boba said to as he studied her face closer.

"I accept your offer. I need the money,  I'm bored anyways." Ahsoka responded trying her best to sound Badass.

"I can fill you in with the specs tomorrow. We can meet up at the cantina, since your new here and probably don't know a lot of other places." Boba said to her as he stretched his hand out to her.

She shook his hand and smiled.

"Deal partner." She said with a smile.

———————

Anakin had been looking through the footage all night and still

Nothing

Whoever the person was that did this must have deleted all of the footage.

He placed his face in his hands as he sighed in frustration.

The fate of Ahsoka's life was in his hands. He didn't want her to spend the rest of her life in hiding. He wanted her to go and live a normal life. Since she wasn't a part of the Jedi now that was something she could do.

She could get married and start a family.
Anakin smiled at the thought of tiny little mini Ahsoka's calling him grandfather.

His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed something at the edge of the screen from the night that Letta was killed.

The real criminal had erased all the evidence but left out a second of it.

There in the footage for less than a second stood the front half of Barriss Offee. Right outside the hallway Letta and Ahsoka were in.