Chapter 32

When we got home, the three of us were surprised to see Kayla and Lexi playing Mario Kart along with my dad who was beating their asses. I figured that mom invited them as well for dinner, that's why she's making extra garlic bread for Lexi. Whenever my best friend is here we always make extra for her or else she won't save us some. She can be a little greedy when it comes to mom's cooking. Dad and I complain all the time, but mom wasn't bothered because it just means she gets to cook for more people.

Lena joined my dad and the couple while Lucy helped my mom in the kitchen. I went to my room, getting the bouquet and flowers I bought this morning before I went to the Halliwells.

Every Valentine's day, I would always buy flowers for the ladies. Valentine's isn't just for couples. Valentine's day is for all kinds of love in this world, and people tend to forget it. But this year, I bought two more flowers for my Lucy and her little sister.

I jogged down the stairs with the flowers in my hands. I went to the living room, the four of them were still playing and dad was showing no mercy to the girls. It was funny to see the girls squirming in their seats and trying their best to beat my dad.

I grabbed the remote and paused the game, receiving groans from them. "Alright you guys, stop playing for a second and no matter what you guys do, dad will always win,"

Dad flashed them a sheepish smile. Lexi knew that I was gonna give them flowers and didn't mind me pausing their game, "Just give me mine!"

I handed her a bird of paradise, which was her favourite. She smiled widely at me, thanking me and planting a kiss on my cheek, "You really are the best, Ambs!"

"I know," I grinned.

Next, I took the sunflower and handed it to Kayla as she thanked me, "I'm glad you picked the sunflower for me. Lexi gave me dried flowers-"

"They were for your scrapbooks!"

"I wanted real flowers, Lex!"

"They're real-"

"Real dead,"

I clapped my hands to stop the annoying couple, "It's the thought that counts, Kayla,"

"Bu-"

"She has a surprise for you later, so shut your pie hole," I whispered in her ear, making her shut up. I went to Lena who continued the game and was now in 1st place. A cheater is what she is. I dropped her lily on her lap. She looked so surprised that she also received a flower from me.

"Oh, thank you, Amber. I wasn't expecting to get anything today," She smiled.

"You're welcome! And start expecting every year from now on since I'm dating your sister," I winked.

"Sorry I didn't get anything for you,"

"No worries. Everyone here knows I hate receiving things,"

She frowned like it was unfair for me to get nothing in return, "I'll make sure to give you something in return. No buts!"

With the two last flowers in my hand, I started to feel nervous. I wasn't used to romantic love and it was hard to have expectations when I'm in love. I wanted everything to be perfect when it comes to her. I wanted her to appreciate everything and to make sure that she loves it.

"I wanna see this," Kayla whispered to Lexi who then followed me to the kitchen where Lucy and mom were.

Lucy was so caught up with cutting onions to even notice me, while my mom was giggling when she saw what I was going to do. I handed her flower, giving her a kiss as she thanked me quietly.