Extracted Thoughts & Feeling Distraught

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

Third Person P.O.V.:

At daybreak the morning after Mr. Crouch attacked Viktor Krum, Charlie met Hermione, Ron, and Harry down at the Owlery to fill them in on the previous night's events.

He told them everything; from Krum and him getting into a little quarrel, much to Hermione's potential disappointment, to Mr. Crouch staggering out of the forest, to his cryptic message, to Dumbledore's arrival, to Krum getting knocked out, to Mr. Crouch disappearing, and then, finally, to Karkaroff's outburst.

Almost instantly, Hermione, Harry, and Ron began spewing out possibilities as to how Mr. Crouch seemingly disappeared. Hermione was convinced that Mr. Crouch attacked Krum and then took off. Ron had a theory that Krum attacked Crouch and then stunned himself, and then Harry, not to anyone's surprise, was under this strange impression that Snape had been involved somehow.

Regardless, the entire thing was still strange to Charlie. Professor Moody had returned that night only to reveal that Mr. Crouch had gone without a trace. There were so many things left up for interpretation, and what didn't help was the constant warnings that both, Harry and Charlie were receiving.

The Third Task was quickly approaching and with Mr. Crouch's outburst of pure insanity, people seemed to be going on the alert. Sirius Black, who had been told what happened by a letter sent by his godson, was more suspicious than ever before about the two young Gryffindor's involvement with the Triwizard Tournament, and he made them promise to prepare well for the final task.

They did, of course, with the help of Hermione and Ron. They spent nearly every afternoon studying protective spells for stunning and disarming, and even practicing a few hexes. However, Charlie still felt a bit worried. Especially with the revelation that Professor Moody, someone who never seemed afraid of anything, was highly suspicious and fearful himself.

He, like Sirius and Hagrid, had made it a point to warn the core four about the intentions of the foreigners, saying that they mustn't be trusted. Apparently, it was Moody's belief that danger was coming; CONSTANT VIGILANCE, he said — but who would trust a man deemed as 'mad as a hatter'?

In the midst of chaos, Fred and George had revealed their plans to begin their joke shop. Charlie always thought that the ideas they were spewing over the summer were merely to annoy their mum, but apparently, they were dead set. The twins have only got a year left at Hogwarts, and so, they had to start planning for their future. The only problem? They had nowhere near enough gold to get them started.

Nonetheless, after the course of the next week, Charlie seemingly felt rejuvenated; his knuckles had healed and his bruises disappeared. He had received an expected scolding from Hermione about his fight, but not for reasons one may think; she was more concerned for her boyfriend's well being than that of Viktor Krum, whom she really couldn't care less. However, Hermione seemingly forgave Charlie for his jealousy once he had apologized in the form of kisses and cuddles.

 However, Hermione seemingly forgave Charlie for his jealousy once he had apologized in the form of kisses and cuddles