7: Sato Mansion

"After I got hurt, Korra was able to heal me, but it took a little bit for me to breathe without pain. Just a few hours. The next day, I watched a press conference with Tarrlok, and he blamed MOM for the attack?! He's insane. One cracked up man, I want to punch his stupid face in."

Ally woke up with a glare. She got up and walked over to Tarrlok's house, and knocked on the door. When he answered, she punched him square in the nose, smirking at the crack it made and the blood that poured out after. She was wearing a mask and trench coat, so Tarrlok had no idea who or what just hit him. When she went back home, Lin was sitting at their kitchen table with her legs crossed. 

"Where'd you sneak off to?" she asked. 

"To punch Tarrlok in the face," Ally replied, taking off her trench coat to reveal her muscular frame. 

"You did WHAT?!" Lin exclaimed. 

"Relax," Ally reassured her. "He didn't know it was me. After the crap he pulled at the press conference, he wasn't going to get away with insulting you." Lin smiled and ruffled her daughter's hair. 

"Let's get going, we got a tip that Cabbage Corp is making equalist gear," Lin said. 

She drove them over to a warehouse where her metalbenders raided the place. Turns out they were correct. "Good work, and good intel." She arrested the CEO of Cabbage Corp and addressed the press, telling them what she knew. It was a long day of questioning and interrogations. Ally, who was a truth seer in training, was brought in to make sure no one was lying. She wasn't the best, but she was trying to get better, by picking out subtle differences in breathing and heart rates to tell a lie apart from the truth. She took a break when her mom and Tenzin questioned Hiroshi Sato, he was one of the most loyal people in Republic City, so they didn't feel like they needed her. But she came back when everyone else got questioned, just to make sure. While everyone else was having fun watching car races at Asami's house, Ally had several long hours of interrogating people. It didn't even end at night when Korra called a meeting with her, Tenzin, and Lin. 

"You think Hiroshi framed Cabbage Corp?" Tenzin asked. "You think he made those gloves?" 

"I know what I heard," Korra said. "He said the Cabbage Corp investigation bought him time and that he would strike at the end of the week." 

"That's one heck of an accusation," Lin grumbled. "But he does have the materials to do so. And he has a reason to do it!"

"Yes, of course," Tenzin agreed. 

"What are you talking about?" Korra asked. 

"Hiroshi lost his wife to a firebender," Ally explained. "The Agni Kai Triad robbed the mansion, but killed Sato's wife."

 "Maybe we should investigate," Lin told them. The next morning, they went to the Sato Mansion to ask more questions. As they started talking to Hiroshi, Asami burst in and started telling everyone her dad was innocent. 

"He's not an equalist!" she barked. 

"I would never get involved with them," Hiroshi replied. Ally felt a spike in his heat rate as he said that and her eyes narrowed slightly. Hiroshi explained just case and Tenzin asked if they could search his warehouses just to put their minds at ease. They searched all of Future Industries, but nothing pointed towards the fact of Hiroshi being an equalist. 

"Now that you've searched everything, you can get out of here!" Asami snapped at Lin. 

"Hmm," Lin replied. Mako led Asami away from the investigation, she was already mad enough. 

"Mom, I felt a spike in his heart rate," Ally told her mom. "When he was saying he wasn't an equalist. He was lying." 

"Hey, you should hear this," Korra said, holding out a slip of paper someone gave her. "Meet me under the Silk Road bridge at midnight, if you want to find the truth." An airship dropped them off at the bridge at midnight, where they met an older man in his late fifties.