49. The Future Empress

"Well...... I'm losing my mana."

"WHAT!?" And I thought I couldn't be surprised anymore today.

"How is that even possible....?" I asked. I may not have much knowledge about mages but losing their mana after developing powers was something I had not heard of.

"Its a very rare case- to lose mana after becoming a grown mage. One in a million mages start losing their mana even after their grown-up. It's just like the opposite with the others. When 99 percent mages start developing a stronger and permanent mana as they grow up, the rest 1 percent start losing it. And I'm just that unlucky one percent!" Seanna exclaimed frustratedly.

"How long have you known that?" I asked. I didn't even notice that her mana was disappearing. And she even healed me a few months ago.

"After I couldn't fully heal Kyles the day he got attacked." Seanna said sadly, "I thought it was weird and got checked a few days later by another mage teacher who told me that my mana was reducing."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked, feeling kind of sad.

"I... I was ashamed of myself. It's really rare for a mage to lose their mana.... I couldn't even deal with it myself, let alone tell everybody." She said as her eyes teared up again.

"Is..is there no way to restore your mana?" I asked. In almost all the tea parties I had with Seanna, she always told me how she wanted to be a mage doctor. It was her dream.

"Mari tried finding a way to restore mana but he hasn't been very successful at that. This kind of thing rarely happens." Seanna said.

I thought about it for a second.

I searched up my memories for something....information from the novel...anything.

Then suddenly I remembered, "The magician's stone!!"

Seanna looked at me, her eyebrows shot up.

"You know that purple stone I got after winning the competition!", I told her, "They said that a mage's mana can become stronger with the stone. Since your mana hasn't fully disappeared, you still have a chance."

She looked at me with wide amber eyes that soon filled with hope but dulled just a second later, "A magician's stone is a very rare item, we can't find it anywhere but the black market and even there, it has a very high price."

I rolled my eyes, "Why do you need to find another magician's stone when I have one right here?"

She looks at me with wide hopeful eyes, "You'll...give it to me?"

"Yeah. Like I don't have a practical use for that." I told her. I don't own a sword nor am I a mage, that thing was just lying in my closet.

"Yes...but you could give it to your significant other..you could give it to Raashid." She said and I looked at her quizzically.

What kind of a shit logic is that?

"Why would I give it to Raashid?"  I asked, "He is already the best swordsman in Obelia."

She looked thoughtful for a second before saying, "I'll ask Mari about it....Thanks Adailia."

I smile at her as she made her way towards the door before she stopped midway and turned back to face me, "And Adailia....that punch was....damn! That asshole totally deserved that." She said in awe.

I smirked, "Yeah, that punch broke my fingers." I said raising my fist so she could see the bandage around it. She winced, "I'll send a doctor to your room, bye."