4 : Why did you call me babe?

The same day

The same day

• Vikram •

Life sucks...but ask me if I give a shit!
Life is meant to be enjoyed, not endured.

"Vikram, are you even listening to us or not?"

I slowly moved my gaze off the book, I was indulged , as I found an adorable couple gaping at me.

"See, didn't I tell you Arnav, Our son is too busy to lend his ears." Mom crossed her arms and sat on the couch away from us.

"Varsha relax, I will talk to him.
Too bad Vikram, listen to us at least once" Dad tried explaining.

It's not that I was not listening to them,it's just that, I have been listening to the same piece of advice every single day.

"You have to settle down Vikram and you need to understand that" Dad shook his head significantly.

Blah..blah...blah.
Typical.Indian.Parents.

"Sorry, no time for that!" I snapped as I moved my gaze back to my book.

"Arnav, you sit down, don't stress yourself. Listen Vikram, your father is terribly ill and you know that very well. Stop troubling us and--- this attitude of yours--Please keep it away from us. " Mom snarled.

I made an erroneous decision by choosing to stay at home today. Well, I should have known about their plans.

And dad hasn't been well since a long time. But on what basis is it related to my marriage?!

"Listen Vikram you claim to be in love with someone else but why aren't you introducing her to us? "

"Mom, she is actually---"

"---Busy. That's what you have been telling us, since the day we started discussing your marriage . See at least Rohit loves someone and she is well mannered, intelligent, beautiful and what not. We aren't against love marriage Vikram. Just tell who she is, we will talk to her family."

"Mom, please--I don't want to get married any time sooner. Moreover I need to focus more on our company and business rather than increasing a family member. "

"We don't want to talk anymore Vikram. You either introduce her within 2 days or you are marrying the girl we ask you to. "

• • • • •

What the hell. This annoying little brother of mine told me he is taking me somewhere to change my mood and is now totally planning to ruin it.

A freakin' stupid kiddish party.

Rohit and Ishaan have totally lost it. I thought they would take me to a club or somewhere to give me a peace of mind.

"Come on Vikram bhai, stop being grumpy" Rohit threw his shoulders around me as we stood in the entrance of the party.