Chapter 21 - Late Night Potions

A/N: What's a great tiktok you've watched lately? I'm 👏🏻 Addicted 👏🏻  I just watched that one where the guy's like "be honest, if you worked at the movie theatre, would you check under my hat?" and he's got this pointy blue wizard's hat on that goes all the way up to the fuckin roof 😂😂 There's also some excellent HP tiktoks out there👌🏻👌🏻 I. Can't. Stop. I watched tiktok compilations till 7am the other night... IM IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ENGINEERING DEGREE WHAT AM I DOING WATCHING TIKTOKS ALL NIGHT AND WRITING SNAPE FANFICTION AHAHAHAHA HELP

jk I stand by my choices 😌🧙🏻‍♀️

*

It took Asha a surprising amount of effort to keep pace with Snape as he took long, brisk strides up the frosty hillside and into the castle. Where was he taking her? And to do what? As she obediently followed him through the deserted corridors (which were very nostalgic of her time spent at Hogwarts during summer break), Snape abruptly turned right and descended into the basement.

"Here you go," he said bluntly, stopping outside the Hufflepuff common room.

"What? What the-" Asha began to protest angrily.

"Just get inside," he insisted, "You can tell your little friends you were feeling ill". When Asha made no move except to glare at him, he glanced over his shoulder to check no one else had entered the corridor before saying, "Quickly. I have something I need to do and it is time-dependent."

Unperturbed by his dangerous tone, Asha said, "What are you going to do?"

"I am your professor and you will do as I say or there will be serious consequences, Winters," he hissed in a voice that would've brought first-year students to tears.

Asha crossed her arms and stubbornly scowled at him.

"Please just do it," he growled urgently through gritted teeth. The way he said it caught Asha off guard and after a moment's hesitation, she reluctantly decided to comply.

"Fine. You can tell me later," she said coldly, before entering the common room.

An hour later, excited students began to file back into the castle. Alisha, Maive, Rachel and Jules burst into their dorm to find Asha lying on top of her bed. As expected, the girls bombarded her with questions about where she had been. The lies rolled off Asha's tongue as she told them she'd felt unwell and was gutted she'd missed most of the action.

Once her explanation was over, she hastily asked: "How did Cedric Diggory do?" The girls launched into the story of his success.

"He got a pretty bad burn on his face though," said Maive, "He's with Madam Pomfrey at the moment."

"Hopefully she can stop any scarring on that sexy face of his," smirked Alisha. The four girls broke into giggles.

Asha was accustom to joining in with this childish behaviour in order to fit in, but today she was not in the mood. Plus, the fact anyone thought Cedric was sexy blew her mind - he looked about twelve. Still feeling exhausted, depressed, and angry, Asha told the others she still felt ill and needed to rest. They took the hint and left her alone.

By the time dinner rolled around, Asha was dreading the loud, student-filled Great Hall, but her rumbling stomach got the best of her. She threw on a second-hand sweatshirt and made her messy hair presentable by braiding it over her shoulder with her wand.

Upon entering the Great Hall she nearly turned around and walked straight out again. The four house tables were as rowdy as ever, with many reenactments of both the Champions and the dragons taking place among groups of students. Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons banners had been hung in tribute to the four Champions.