[47] Engaged

Bella's POV:

It's been four weeks since Jex and I got engaged. I'm now five months pregnant with our baby. In just four short months we'll welcome our baby boy and we're both so excited.

Standing in the bathroom I finish adjusting my curls, making sure each one is perfect. At this point my makeup is already done and I'm dressed in a pretty red dress, Jex's favourite.

"Are you ready to go beautiful?" Jex questions from the doorway of the bathroom. He is dressed in ripped black skinny jeans, a dress shirt and shoes, with his dark hair slicked back.

"You look handsome," I smile and then turn off the curler, placing it on the cooling towel and make my way over to him.

"Handsome? Are we at that old married stage already?" He grins.

"Mmm, okay; you look hot as fuck and I can't wait to ride you tonight," I purr in his ear.

"Well fuck that escalated quickly," he grins.

I giggle loudly and swat his arm. "We should go or we're going to be late."

Tonight Alyssa is holding a small engagement party for us. It's small because Jex doesn't have any family; and because most of my mine still isn't talking to me, but amongst those we have coming it'll be enough. At the end of the day we only want people there who support us. It's all about the quality, not quantity.

Pulling up to the restaurant, Jex parks the car and jumps out quickly. He then makes his way over to my side and helps me out of the car, which is relatively low to the ground.

"Oof, this is getting tricky," I giggle softly.

"Looks like you'll need to buy a Mum car huh sis?"

I turn quickly and come face to face with my brother Abel. He's dressed much the same as Jex and has a wrapped gift in his hand. The sheer sight of him (for the first time in months) brings tears to my eyes.

"A-Abel, what are you doing here?"

"Mum invited me. I hope you don't mind."

"No, of course not, you were invited I just didn't think you'd want to come."

"I didn't know if I should or not. Ruby told me not to, but here I am."

"You and Ruby are on again?"

"She's moved in, we're working on it. But it's hard when we share different views on you though."

"Well Abel my only advice is to do what makes you happy. If being a part of my life is going to ruin you and Ruby, and she's all you want in life, I get it. Only you can make that choice."

"I'm here now," He says softly, a smile spreading across his face. "And I was hoping, that ... well, maybe I could stay."

"Well in that case, Abel this is my fiancé and baby daddy Jex. Jex this is Abel my little brother, who likes to think he's bigger than me," I giggle softly.

"Nice to meet you man," Jex smiles.

"Yeah, you too," he gives a small, awkward smile back.

"Let's head inside."

We make our way inside and up the stairs to the top level of the building, which has been rented out by Alyssa and Malcolm, who are holding the dinner for us.

When we make our way in there is a large table in the middle of the room, and the glass sliding door to the balcony (over looking the ocean) is open, with some of our friends standing out there talking.