Dusty - Mon Alliee (You Are the Best in Me)

April 2011

Dusty's Second Home, Tampines, Singapore

7am

I continued sipping my coffee in my Singapore home, having prepared the usual order of peanut butter on toast at home. My second uncle was still sleeping, leaving me inside the living room. I had already packed my bag beforehand, and I knew my first class would only begin in two hours.

I am from Hong Kong, but I had been living in Singapore for quite a long time. I had four siblings, and I am the second eldest. The eldest daughter was now working as a secretary and my two younger brothers were in school.

Singapore and Hong Kong are quite similar. Both used to be part of the British, both gained independence after they left, and they both are financially successful today. However, that was not important. What's important is now my first day in Singapore Polytechnic.

Once I am done, I diligently washed the dishes and checked my bag one more time. I recently got a new phone, so I connect my earphones to the phone and head outside. Today, my new journey begins.

I spent the next three minutes navigating to the station. After tapping the card to the reader, I climbed to the platforms through the escalator. The train had just arrived and I walked in.

Luckily, I found a seat. I sat down just as the trains were closing, a splendid time to listen to music. I played a song from my phone and relaxed.

(Song: "Take a Chance" by Robin Bengtsson)

Saturday on the underground

The train was full when you turned around

From the first sight well I just knew

That I'll belong to you, whoa-oh

I'm too nervous to send a sign

I never know how to find the lines

I even got off at Leicester Square

Just to see you there

Walking inside a dream of

You and me

If you take a chance on me

We could write some history

And we would be rising

High above the trees

If you take a chance on me