Chapter 12

Let Me Take Care Of You

Jungkook stayed at the hospital for the next few days, healing. With Taehyung right by his side every second. Jungkook knew Taehyung had to tell authorities about Joon. There was no escaping it. Besides Taehyung would do it even if Jungkook didn't want him to.

Thankfully Jungkook's phone was still at his apartment so Joon couldn't contact or track him in anyway. But Taehyung has Jungkook's wallet with him which is the only important thing he needs from that place.

Jungkook took time to understand he can't return there. "Jungkook-ah" Taehyung said as he reached to hold the younger's hand who was sitting upright on the hospital bed. "Joon is dangerous and you know that" Taehyung explained looking directly in Jungkook's doe eyes. "He can do this again can't he? Won't he? If you go back."

Jungkook broke the eye contact and looked down. Then slowly nodded. "I just...don't know how to live without him....I-I'm so used to being under him" Jungkook croaked, the volume of his voice not improving. "Under his rules. Under his eyes. Under his everything. I'm so used to having him....That I don't know what anything else feels like." A tear rolled down Jungkook's cheek.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook in sorrow. The bandage around his head was gone now. His ribs still healing but the rest of the bandages were off but his body was still sore. "Jungkook" Taehyung squeezed his hand slightly tighter so he looked up at him again. "It may take time but you will learn how to take control of your own life. You will learn to stand on your own feet. It may take time but...everything will be ok. Trust me." Taehyung's soothing voice calmed Jungkook. His words calmed his panicking heart. He hoped...he hope what his hyung said is true.

Taehyung gently let go of Jungkook's hand the rested it back in his lap. "You know how I said I told Jimin and Hoseok hyung about your state? Of course they would ask so many questions as to why I've been at either of their homes for the past days."

"Yes?" Jungkook answered quietly. "Well, both Jimin and Hoseok hyung are coming to visit you today" Taehyung told him.

"Oh..." Jungkook mumbled and Taehyung watched as he slightly bit his lip to hide his nervousness. "Don't worry kook. I told them you might feel uncomfortable so they will be cautious" Taehyung said trying to reassure Jungkook he's going to be fine. "You'll get along with them both. They're really friendly and amazing people. Jimin is my best friend. The one I live with in my other house. He's an angel and really easy to get along with. And Hoseok hyung is a literal sunshine. He can always cheer someone up."

Taehyung stopped waiting for Jungkook's response. Jungkook stayed silent for a few seconds then says "Whatever you say hyung."

-

An hour passed and Taehyung wasn't in the ward with Jungkook for a bit. He went out to give Jungkook a bit of time to himself since he's always in the ward 24/7. Jungkook just sat on the hospital bed in silence. The doctor had come to check up on him and said he's healing efficiently. Jungkook sighed. His bones were healing yet his body still ached if he bumped into something slightly or moved too fast.

Is...Is my life really worth living? Should I have just died when Joon beat me? Jungkook was so affected by his relationship with Joon he could barely think outside of it. He always felt like a useless boyfriend and human that he deserved Joon. And only Joon could love someone like him.

Before Jungkook could think any more there was a knock on the door. Jungkook didn't reply as the door slightly opened. "It's just me" He heard Taehyung's voice. The door opened wider and Taehyung walked inside. Then 2 other strangers came in too. The shorter one with blonde hair and the other with brown hair and a large smile.

Taehyung walked up to Jungkook and the 2 followed. "Jungkook, this is Jimin" He gestured to the shorter boy in blonde hair. "And this is Hoseok hyung or Hobi hyung" He said pointing to the other with brown hair and a large smile.

Jungkook attempted a smile. "Hi Jimin and Hoseok hyung."

"Hey Jungkook" Jimin said with a sweet angelic smile as he sat down on a second chair beside Taehyung's one. Taehyung gestured for Hobi to sit in his seat as he made his way around the other side of Jungkook's bed and sat on the edge of it.

-

Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok got to know each other better. They stayed with Jungkook for the nearly an hour. Jimin and Hobi tried not to talk about Jungkook's past with Joon which they all knew and didn't want Jungkook to feel upset or uncomfortable with that topic. So they focused on talking more about his past with Taehyung. Telling him how Taehyung always talks about Jungkook ever since they met and Taehyung is always looking forward to going to work when he has the same shift as Jungkook. Jungkook couldn't help but smile hearing this and seeing Taehyung's shy smile.

They successfully distracted Jungkook from his miserable thoughts. Taehyung was right, their both friendly and amazing people.

Soon the 2 stood to leave. Before they bid Jungkook farewell, Jimin turned to Taehyung and said "Oh yeah I nearly forgot. The moving van arrived at your new apartment yesterday. All the necessary furniture is put in."

"Oh really?" Taehyung's face lit up and Jungkook's was confused. "Thanks for taking care of that Jiminie!" He smiled.

"No worries, I'll help you put your clothes and stuff in soon" Jimin replied.

Then they turned their attention back to Jungkook and bid him farewell also saying they will definitely meet each other lots in the future.

Once they left, Taehyung took a seat back in his chair. "You got an apartment hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah. I've been meaning to tell you. I just got one on rent recently. Once your discharged you can come stay with me for a while" Taehyung explained. Jungkook bit his lip. "No. I-I shouldn't stay with you....I don't w-want to be a burden for you hyu-"

"Since when are you a burden?" Taehyung cut him off with a frown on his face. "Since....always" Jungkook replied quietly. Taehyung sighed. "Jungkook your not a burden. Not to me. Never to me" He said with a sad smile. "You will come stay with me once your discharged."

Jungkook opened his mouth to object but Taehyung was too quick. "You don't have anywhere else to go Jungkook. Please don't object. I'm here for you Kook. Just let me take care of you."

———————

(A/N: Sorry not the best chapter🙁)