/Chapter 35/

Chapter Thirty-Five

Mina's PoV

After hearing about Chaeyoung's situation, I had a feeling that she was at her treehouse. So, as I left the others, I tried my best to go there as fast as I can.

I arrived there using Chaeyoung's bike. I put down her bike and climbed up.

As I entered the treehouse, I saw a girl inside hugging her knees while burying her head down.

"Chaeyoung," I utter as I catch my breath at the same time.

She looked up and I saw her eyes who are already swelling.

I ran to her immediately and hug her causing her to cry again.

"Shh, just cry all you want. I'm here for you." I said and patted her back.

"M-my mom, she left me." The only thing she said was as she continued to cry.

"No Chaeyoung, she just needs to go. It doesn't mean she left you, ok?" I said and wiped the tears on her face.

"M-my father. Hew-want me to forget what happened. As i-if it can happen i-in just a snap."

I continued to listen to her rants while still comforting her. After a few minutes, she already calmed herself.

"Chaeyoung, you scared us. The whole squad is looking for you." I said to her to lighten up the mood.

As I remember that, I get my phone and inform the others that I already saw Chaeyoung as I told them.

"Sorry, I just can't go to school. After what happened to my mom. I didn't even think that it will happen suddenly. When I arrived there, the only thing I saw is her body already covered by a white mantle.

"You don't need to say sorry, ok? What important now is I found you already." I said and wiped again her tears.

"Thank you, Mina." She said and hugged me.

"No worries, you're always there to comfort me and I'm just doing the same here. You can count on me anytime, ok?"

She broke in our hug and nodded as she smiled at me.

We stayed at our place for an hour talking about some other stuff to distract her. Then we heard a loud thud down the treehouse, we checked it on the balcony and saw Chaeyoung's father who is struggling to get up the treehouse.

"Chaeyoung let's talk." Mr. son said as he saw Chaeyoung.

I looked at Chaeyoung and I think she's l ready to talk to her father. After minutes her father is already here. I told her that I'll leave now for them to talk.

"Mina Thank you again," Chaeyoung said before I climbed down.

"Welcome. I'll go now Mr. Son." I said and bowed.

"I'll use your bike again if you don't mind," I said to Chaeyoung before actually leaving.

As I climbed down, I remembered something. What I saw last night. The confession of Rosé.

But I guess it's not the right time to ask about that and also what's with me tho? Why did I become curious about it suddenly?

Third Person

When Mina leaves at the treehouse, the atmosphere of the place changed. Chaeyoung went back to her place where Mina saw her.

"Chaeyoung, let's talk, please. I guess you misunderstood what I told you. I didn't mean to say that in a way you understood it."

Chaeyoung just stayed silent and didn't bother to look at her father.

"Your mother asked me to say the truth to you," Chaesung said that caught the attention of her daughter.

"Many years ago, Before I met your mom, I met a girl who I love at our school. But I can't be with her. My parents want me to marry your mother. So, I did. I lose my connection with the girl I love. Your mom and I married each other and your mom has already had our first baby for 2 months. But I met again the girl I love and something happened to us which resulted in a baby. It's the day giving birth to my wife and the baby didn't make it. So, I did the most stupid thing to do. My wife and my love are giving birth at the same time. When our baby died, I was afraid to tell to your mom since I know she won't accept it. That's why I get my daughter on the girl I love. And that is you."

Chaeyoung left dumbfounded upon hearing the words of her father. She didn't know if she was hearing right.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"She's not your real mother. She said that I should tell you about this before she died. I'm sorry for not letting you be with your real mother." Chaesung said to her daughter who was starting to cry again.

"Y-you cheated on her... You cheated on my mom. Why are you acting like it's all nothing? Seriously? Why? Why did you do that?" The younger asked continuously.

"Chaeyoung, please forgive me. I know what I've done is unforgivable but I'm still your father."

"Go away. Leave here before I lost my respect to you."

"But Chae-"

"Go away! I'll be going back there if I'm ready. Please just leave me." Chaeyoung begged.

Her father just sighed and walked towards the latter to kiss her head. Before leaving Chaesung gave a letter to Chaeyoung saying that it was from her mother. The mother treated her as her daughter.

Chaeyoung PoV

I can't understand. Are my eyes deceiving me or what? I saw how the string shortens when they are together. But how?

So, it means my father didn't love my mother?

I live for how many years and All I thought was they love each other. I thought they would be living together. I thought there was nothing wrong with it.

I thought I'm living with a beautiful family. It all of it is just a lie. I lie that shouldn't exist if my father didn't makeup with my.... my real mother.

I stood up and put the letter that my father gave to me in the cabinet.

I'm not yet ready to read that. This day is unbelievable. I didn't know it all happened in just a day.