four

"Don't move or I'll shoot!"

Chaerin's body froze in fear and panic as soon as she heard those words.

Don't panic Chaerin, don't panic. She told herself repeatedly.

Once she started to calm down at least a bit, she started to assess the situation. Her eyes scanned the area and her eyes landed on a guy with blonde hair who held the barista at gunpoint. His neck was filled with different tattoos and his fingers were covered in rings.

Five other men stood at the entrance of the cafe, guns pointed at the other guy. One stood out to Chaerin the most, all because of his dark brown eyes.

Her eyes widened in recognition seeing him once again. Feeling her stare on him, he risked a glance towards her direction and his shoulders slightly tensed.

For only a split second, he lowered his gun. Unfortunately, the blonde man caught this movement and tossed the barista he was holding hostage aside, pointing the gun towards Chaerin's head instead.

Muttering a curse word under her breath, her heart rate spiked up more as she felt the cold metal press into the side of her head.

"Do you know her perhaps? Such a shame to shoot a pretty face," The blonde guy laughs smugly, directing the question at the convenience store guy. Chaerin cringed at the sound of the guy's voice, like nails on a chalkboard.

The four other men looked at him briefly in confusion.

Chaerin's mind raced as she thought of the different possibilities. There was a fifty-fifty chance the plan she had would work she thought, but she had to take the risk, she always took the risk.

She could hear the drumming of her heartbeat and her hands were slightly shaking.

With a deep breath, she grabbed the cold metal with her right hand as fast as she possibly could and flipped it, now holding it securely with both hands, she aimed it down the blonde guy.

She slowly backed away as the blonde guy raised his hands in surprise. She could feel the weight of the gun she was holding, a small movement of her finger could cost a life.

"Shoot me with what?" Chaerin's voice surprised her the most, as it came off without a tremble or a stutter, contrasting what she actually felt.

Shock painted the face of every single person in the room.

"You think I'm scared of you?" The blonde guy scoffed overcoming his initial shock, "You won't be able to shoot me, little girl,"

"I won't be able to," She shrugged her shoulders, "But they always could,"

As soon as she finished her sentence, She quickly dove for cover as her life depended on it.

She then crawled her way behind the counter. Continuous gunshots rang inside the store, followed by the sound of glass shattering.

She flinched at the sound, a memory flashing through her mind.

The bullets then finally stopped and silence filled the entire room.

"The police are coming soon," said an unfamiliar voice.

Chaerin felt someone approach her and she looked up to see a familiar pair of brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" This was the first time she heard his voice nice and clear, she found it strangely comforting.

"I'm alright," She let out a shaky breath as he helped her stand up.

Chaerin felt the cold metal of the gun still firmly in her grasp, she winced as she forgot it was still in her possession.

The brown-eyed guy saw this and carefully reached out to take it from her, "I'll take this okay?"

"Please," Her hands were still slightly shaking as she handed him the gun, a weight removed off her shoulders.

After he put the safety on, he safely tucked it away. He then met her eyes once more, "You have to get out of here,"

"We have to go," One of the other four men urgently said as the sound of police sirens was speedily nearing.

He glanced at her, a thousand thoughts running through his head before she assured him with a nod.

"Go,"

Before exiting the cafe he looked back once more before entering the black van the swiftly drove away.

Chaerin then quickly took off, not wanting to be caught up with the police either.

• • •

"Maybe I shouldn't go out of the house at all except for school," She let out a frustrated sigh as she flopped on the couch.

All of her plans of studying flew out the window, she also didn't get to eat at all, which just added to her frustration.

Well at least I'm alive, she thought.

It wasn't the first time she was caught up in something like that, it probably won't be the last either, she sighed.

Memories flooded her mind as she began to overthink.

Snapping out of her little trance after a few minutes, she got up from the couch and picked up her car keys.

Maybe this will take my mind off a few things.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010