one !

chapter one
new year, new me

kida sighed as the harsh moonlight pushed it's way through the thin lace curtains covering the windows of her pale blue bedroom, running a hand through her platinum blonde hair gently. she let out a small gasp as she heard a noise in her kitchen, grabbing the baseball bat that stiles insisted she kept under her bed at all times. it couldn't have been milo or mr thatch, they were in england for a week for a conference about their discoveries in the south pole.

she pushed her body downstairs, frowning when she realised she was only clad in a pair of blue shorts and a grey tank top as she bounced down the oaky stairs of the house. she growled as she heard two hushed voices coming from kitchen, gripping the bat so tight her knuckles turned white. she let out a battle cry as she swung the bat, connecting with thin air rather than a body. she heard two other screams, realising that it was only her two idiotic best friends that had broken into the house.

"what the hell are you doing?" she brought the bat down, rubbing at her tired eyes are waiting expectantly for the two boys to answer her. when they didn't, she jammed the bat into the back of stiles' knees, sending the brunette boy crashing to the floor with a dramatic wail. he scrambled to his feet, brushing himself off and trying to stand like he was secretly crying on the inside. "why are you in my kitchen at eleven pm?"

the boys gave the blonde girl their best puppy dog eyes, knowing she'd say yes before they even had the chance to ask her to go on an adventure with them. "you want me to go with you two, into the woods, in the middle of the night, to find half a dead body?" the boys nodded vigorously, stiles running a hand exasperatedly through his hair, or lack of, and latching onto her wrist to drag her out of the house and towards his jeep.

she sat in the back of the blue jeep, pouting and wrapping her arms around herself tightly so that she could at least try and warm herself up. she glared at the pale moonlight coming through the windows, hating how it made her skin look. the tattoo under eye began to glow in the light, a side effect of the ink they used back in her city. stiles peered at the girl through his rear view mirror, a faint smile gracing his lips as he watched her run her hands through her knotted blonde locks.

he had always thought kida was beautiful, even when she herself didn't believe it. scott looked at his two best friends with a fond smile on his lips, seeing instantly how deeply in love the two were, even if they refused to admit it. stiles fixated himself on lydia martin, and kida just told them that she would rather choke on her own blood than ever date stiles. she frowned as roscoe's headlights lit up the sign for the beacon hills preserve, dragging her hesitant body out of the jeep and trudging through the mud.

"we're seriously doing this?" kida pushed herself further towards scott, hiding her face in her best friends shoulder and sighing. he absentmindedly wrapped an arm around her shoulders, rubbing his hand up and down her arm to try and warm her up slightly. "you're the one that's always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." kida just shook her head, letting a dumb smile creep onto her features at stiles' excitement, even if it was kind of morbid that he was excited about finding half a dead body in the woods.

kida pulled herself out of scott's grip, mumbling under her breath in her own native tongue, grumbling about stiles being a dumbass for dragging her out of her warm home without a hoodie on. as though he could understand her, stiles pulled his jacket from underneath his coat and threw it at her head, ducking under the chains that blocked off the preserve and leading the expedition to certain death.