a year without rain

"What do you mean he's gone"? I sneered. My hands hand been sweating compulsively. I fidgeted in my seat, eyeing Henry down, he seemed to be as nervous as me. "I mean he's disappeared (y/n)..." henry whispered, as his eyes shifted too the mahogany oak table.

"Disappeared? Missing? Are you sure he's just not home?? It hasn't been 24 hours yet how do you know he's gone...?" I panicked, my eyes searched for any sort of explanation among his face..

Yet I never found one...

Day 1
Day one consisted of me doing my daily routines,  frequently checking the doors, and windows, hoping henry was wrong. Hoping he'd show.

Day two
It's a prank right? It's got to be. William wouldn't just get up and leave his house, wife, kids, and business behind would he? Everything was intact, the only thing missing  was his care and a few teams of clothing...henry said he cleared his bank account and just left. But ...

But that's just....not william...

Not the one I knew at least...he was a strong business man who always was ahead of the game. Knew what to do  built it up, made a damn list of how he laid his life out. Day by day he knew what he was doing...so it had to be fake right,???...
It had to be..

Day 3
"It's not funny anymore henry.." I panicked. "Where is he?" I screamed, slamming my hands down on his desk. He simply let a tear roll down his cheek and buried himself in his desk..

Day 4
Is this to test my patience? He probably just trying to push me off because I said he was a 'stinky rat man' a few weeks ago, he said he'd get me back, was this it??

Nope

Week1:

"Hey i heard aftons gone..are you okay"? Jeremy questioned as he placed a cup a dark roasted black coffee on the counter top

William's favorite...

My legs dangled from the kiddie bar stool as I stared at the large Togo beverage. The smell of the coffee lingered, in the air as I removed the plastic lid. Steam has arisin from the cup as condesation droplets littered the top of the inner lid. It was hott. Very hot..

"...". Jeremy stared at me for a moment before sliding a mini table basket of creme and sugar towards offering it to my drink.

"No it's fine like this..." I whispered as I lifted the cup and brought it to my parting lips. "Never even knew you liked coffee" he snickered, before grabbing a wash cloth and wiping down the front counter. "I dont.." I said silently before guzzling down the putrid hot liquid. It was bitter, and pungent. Just like I remember it too be.

I smiled as I closed my eyes as nostalgia creeped into my brain. Beautiful memories fluttered in and out of my head..

Dinner at William's house...when I was able to have a nice talk about how I never planned out my future, as a suicidal teenager I never would have expected to live as long as I had currently.