Chapter 54

Third person pov

They were supposed to be training, but everyone couldn't help but slow down and lend an ear to what Harper was literally screaming about. She looked angrier than most had ever seen her, pacing with Aizawa's phone in her hand while their teacher and her aunt both watched with a mild wince. Something had clearly happened back in Masutafu. Everyone knew she did work with the police. She'd interned with them, for God's sake! It was probably related to that. Which only made it all the more interesting. Kirishima in particular looked exasperated, clearly knowing exactly who had to be on the line. 

He had hoped Harper could be free of the stress back home, but he knew she'd only be worrying after this call. Already he could tell just by looking at her that she had to be bouncing between Sero, Stain, and Kurogiri. Harper liked to know what was going on with matters she was placed over. She was leading the entire Stain thing, she was the one vouching for Kurogiri, and she was the one trying to prove that Sero was innocent. Being away for a week had to be driving her nuts! Kirishima wished he could help more. At least Tsukauchi was still there to take care of things. Though, from the sound of it, he wasn't doing the best job...

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Harper hissed into the receiver. She couldn't believe this. Genuinely, she couldn't. "He was bringing you Taco Bell, dumbass! I'm not even supposed to have a phone! And yet you have to come up in here and ruin my day with your conspiracy theories! You're lucky I'm not there to kick your dumb ass."

"That guard called me a fucking Villain, Harper! They're trying to take me away while you're gone! I can feel it!" Sero explained hastily, his eyes blown wide. His room looked as though it had experienced a tornado, things thrown about and pieces of furniture scattered. Tsukauchi and Sansa were still crouched behind the overturned metal table, peeking over it with suspicious looks as though expecting he'd blow up again at any second. Tsukauchi hadn't even bothered trying to tell him he'd gotten Harper on the line when she finally called back. He just slid his phone across the floor whilst Sansa screeched.

"Well what do you expect?! Half those cops are dumbass blocks of meat who wanted to be heroes but couldn't make the cut!" Harper threw a hand in the air with exasperation. Aizawa tried not to laugh, schooling his face to the best of his ability as all his little students inched closer to try and hear more of what Harper was saying. It was pretty obvious that Harper's life had the most drama, but she never gossipped! Kirishima didn't either, and he obviously knew everything she did! Her life had to be the most interesting out of all of them, yet she refused to share any of it. 

"Man, she's really angry." Kirishima winced, he and Ojiro having paused to glance over at the commotion Harper was recklessly causing. She clearly didn't care that there was anyone else listening, looking too heated to even bother trying to storm off somewhere private. "Sero must've really messed up. I don't blame him though. I'd be a little freaked out if the only person really working to prove my innocence was gone. But Tsukauchi is a solid guy! He would never let anyone take Sero away without Harper's permission!"  

"B-But they're going to take me away, Harper!" Sero rebutted. Harper groaned. This was the fifth time he'd said that, and this was going to be the fifth time she explained to him that no, he was not being carted off to prison! Not unless he killed someone with a lamp, anyway! "Your little detective friend and the cat guy have got to be in on it. They came in right after that guy said that and tried to give me food! I bet it has some-- some sort of sedative in it. To knock me out. Normally you get my food, right? Well I know you wouldn't poison me! But they might! I don't know them!"

"Hey!" Harper heard Sansa shout from somewhere in the background, sounding offended. Harper massaged her temples. A psychological break. Sero was genuinely having a full-blown mental break down. Of course this would happen whilst she was gone. She knew his state of mind was fragile, but she hadn't realized her presence had been one of the pillars keeping it above water. Just great. She was learning new things every day! Harper wasn't even an employee there and she was already ready for retirement.