seventeen

Evre Janelle Lennox

"Fuck that, they could turn around, I wanna see." Andre said over FaceTime.

I made a face and smacked my lips, taking the phone from Lauren. "Nigga, you see that pussy enough. Let that shit go."

Amour shook off the pissy stick and set it on a square of toilet paper on the ground before wiping herself.

"What it say?" Andre urgently asked.

"It say you gotta wait five to seven minutes." Amour responded, pulling up her sweatpants, and together we walked out the bathroom and went towards the sinks.

I knew I didn't use the bathroom, but I was still gonna wash my hands. You'd fuck around and catch syphilis fucking around in a public bathroom.

After we'd finished handling our hygiene, Amour, Lauren and I walked out.

"Ooh, we need to go into Shoe Palace right quick." Lauren announced and we turned right into the store.

"Mour, what the test say?" Andre asked from the phone, and I hopped my happy ass into the camera right with her.

Smoke crowded the room, and the loud music that was once playing was turned down. "Who you talkin' to?" One of 'em asked and hopped into the camera.

My heart skipped a beat and my breath hitched as Artist's light bright, lanky ass stepped into the camera.

I could only see the upper half of his body. He had on a purple and white Bathing Ape crew neck, along with a crisp line up.

He nodded. "Wassup, E?"

Pausing first, eventually I nodded as well. "Wassup, A?" Then I dipped out the camera before he was able to say anything further.

It had been a total of sixteen days since me and Artist's... breakup? I didn't know what the hell to call it. Shit between me and him was complicated to say the least.

I mean, we were broken up, but we were never officially together, so, I ain't really know what the fuck to say.

I shoulda minded my single ass business.

Amour and Lauren lowered their brows, shooting me looks and I ignored both of them. "Anyway," Andre said. "What the test say, Mour?"

Amour held up the stick, and stuck her tongue out. "I'm not pregnant! Told you, you ain't finna put a baby up in me."

"Right!" Lauren co-signed. "Fuck them kids!"

"Fuck them kids!" I co-signed.

Amour did a screw face, looking my way. "How the fuck you come from a football team-"

"Not too much on my brothers and sisters sis." I pointed.

"-and you don't want kids?" She continued.

I shrugged. "I just don't." Don't get me wrong, it was a reason why, I just didn't like sharing it.

Lauren dropped her jaw, looking appalled as she eyed Amour like she didn't knew her. "Exactly. How we posed to go to college and get white girl wasted if you not #fuckthemkids?"