𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX:I'M SORRY

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX:
I'M SORRY

EMMA WALKED BACK FROM helping the family with Bella and Edward's home. Rosalie and Bella had decided to stay at the house and as they entered, Jacob was startled awake from his spot on the couch.

"My turn." Rosalie said with a smile as she walked up to Bella. Bella handed Renesmee over to the blonde goddess.

"Where does she sleep?" Bella quizzed.

"In my arms, or Edward's, or Esme's, sometimes Amelia's." Rosalie answered the brunette. Rosalie walks away as Alice walks up to Bella.

"Happy birthday!" Alice cheers with her usual bubbly smile.

"I stopped aging three days ago." Bella said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, we're celebrating anyway. So suck it up." Alice says before holding out a key. Bella looks at the pixie vampire before taking the key and walking out of the house with Edward and Alice. Everyone left the room to do their own thing whilst Emma stayed in her spot. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her bottom lip was pulled between her teeth as she stared out the glass wall. Soon, Alice entered the home and glanced at Emma before deciding that the girl needed some alone time. Alice skipped out of the room in search for Jasper.

"Do you want to hold her?"

Emma blinked in surprise at the sound of Rosalie's voice. Emma turned her head to glance at Rosalie before looking back out the window. She didn't respond as Rosalie bit her lip with a slight frown. She took a careful step closer, but made sure to keep her distance. Rosalie's eyes looked down at Renesmee's sleeping form before she sighed and looked back up at Emma.

"Is there something you want?" Emma finally spoke. Her voice barely above a whisper. Her voice sounded so vulnerable, almost as if Emma was trying to keep it from breaking between her words. She was tired, mentally. If she could, she was positive she would be sleeping at the moment. She didn't have the effort to argue, so she didn't. She didn't want to argue. But she was going to stand by her words. She was stubborn like that.

"No." Rosalie finally answered after a moment of silence. "I guess I just wanted to hear your voice." Emma hummed in response. There was another silence before a soft sigh left Rosalie's lips and she turned and walked away. She stopped in the doorway, turning her head to look at Emma. "I'm sorry." With that, she walked out of the room.

Emma's eyes didn't leave the glass, but a small frown fell on her face before she whispered, "I know."

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

Emma leaned her head on Carlisle's shoulder as he did work for the hospital. Carlisle had an arm wrapped around his daughter as he worked on his work with one hand. Esme was usually the one Emma went to for comfort, but today she wanted to watch her father work and in doing so he also brought her comfort. Emmett was sitting in the room reading a newspaper, Amelia sitting beside him with her body leaning into his side as she read the newspaper as well. Jacob was looking out the window, watching as Rosalie interacted with Renesmee outside on the forest floor.