(3) Me Too

You've always enjoyed your job at the New York museum of Natural History. After Larry Daley left three years ago, Dr. Mcfee hired you, his niece, to take over. It was a relatively easy job, as you only had to walk around and keep an eye on things. It was like babysitting, only 100 times easier.

But as much as you enjoyed your job, you still got bored and lonely sometimes, which is why you were ecstatic when your uncle Mcfee told you a traveling exhibit from the British Museum was coming for two months.

The day that the traveling exhibit and the British Museum's nightguard, Tilly, arrived, you were so exited. It would be great to have someone around they museum to keep you company for once!

When you arrived at the museum twenty minutes before sundown, you went into your uncle's office to meet Tilly. "Uncl-er I mean, Dr. Mcfee?" You say, opening the door.

"Ah, (yn). I'd like for you to meet Tilly." Dr. Mcfee says, gesturing towards a woman with blonde hair, pulled into a ponytail.

"Hello Tilly. It's great to meet you!" You say, holing our your hand. Tilly eagerly takes it and shakes it. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, (yn). I've always been very fond of natural history New York."

Dr. Mcfee walks up to you and Tilly. "Well you two seem to be getting along. I'll be heading out, now."

"Have a good night, Dr. Mcfee!" You say, waving. After he walks out the door you turn to Tilly. "So what do you want to see first?"

Tilly smiles at you. "I actually have something pretty wicked to show you." She walks over to the desk, and pulls a golden tablet of some sort out of a case. She passes it over to you. "This tablet belonged to the pharaoh Ahkmenrah, and its magic!" She says.

You stare at Tilly in disbelief. "Say what?" Tilly doesn't respond and just grabs your arm and looks at her watch. "Just wait...in three...two...one!" She says.

Suddenly music begins playing outside the office. "What's that? Is someone out there?!" You ask, alarmed.

"No no no! It's all good. Just follow me." Tilly says, gesturing for you to follow her.

You walk out of your uncle's office and don't believe what you see. Bright lights are flashing, and the museum's stuffed animals and wax figures are up and dancing. Loud upbeat music is playing as an Egyptian pharaoh works a turntable.

"What is all this?!" You gasp in shock.

"The tablet of Ahkmenrah has the ability to bring the exhibits to life! It was at the British Museum with Ahkmenrah, but now it's back at its original museum home for a short while." Tilly happily explains.

As you look around in awe, Tilly runs over to one of the Neanderthals and begins dancing with him.

"This is insane..." you mutter, shaking your head.

"People often think that on their first night." A voice behind you says. You turn around, a bit surprised to see the pharaoh who was working the turntable, standing behind you. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He says, sheepishly. "My name is Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king."

"Oh, uh hi." You say waving. "I'm (yn)," You pause for a second. "Guardian of the museum...every night but Sunday..." You trail off.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, (yn), guardian of the museum." Ahkmenrah says, smiling at you.

"You too. Wait, are you the Ahkmenrah who owns the tablet that brings the museum to life?" You suddenly ask, holding up the tablet.

Ahkmenrah smiles and takes the tablet from your hands. "My parents gave me this tablet as a gift. They said it would keep our family together forever."

You stare at him in astonishment. "How is that possible?"

"I'm not really sure...it's just magic."

"But, magic doesn't exist." You say.

Ahkmenrah chuckles. "How can you not believe in something right in front of your face?"

Tilly runs up to you and grabs you arm. "Hey Ahk, I'm gonna steal (yn)." She begins pulling you away, and you turn back to face Ahkmenrah. You smile at him. "Well Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king, I'm looking forward to spending time with you for the next two months."

Ahkmenrah stands behind as you're pulled off. He blushes. "Me too."