chapter 10

Yeonjun went into school the next day smiling, wanting so badly to see Soobin again. Taehyun and Kai were right beside him as they walked into school together. They walked down the hallway towards Soobin's locker, where the four of them met up with each other every morning. Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows when he saw a small crowd in the middle of the hallway.

As he moved closer, he saw Jungmin holding Soobin up by his collar against the lockers. Yeonjun's eyes widened and he instantly ran towards Soobin, dropping his backpack in the middle of the hallway.

He pushed through the small crowd and quickly tackled Jungmin to the ground, making him let go of Soobin in the process. Yeonjun twisted Jungmin's arm as he pinned him to the floor, "Listen to me because I'm only gonna say this once... Don't you ever touch him again."

Yeonjun pressed harder when he got no response, making Jungmin scream in pain, "Do you understand?!"

Jungmin nodded quickly and Yeonjun gritted his teeth saying, "Stay the fuck away from him."

Yeonjun released his grip and got off of Jungmin before kneeling down next to Soobin. Soobin was holding his stomach while the bruises started forming on his face. A stream of blood dripped down his nose and Yeonjun cupped his cheek.

"I'm here, ok?... I'm here, bin..." Yeonjun softly said as he heard everyone running away from them, "Tell me what hurts, binnie."

"M-My head..." Tears started streaming down Soobin's face, "M-My stomach."

"It's ok, bin... Let's get you to the nurse, ok?" Yeonjun said softly and carefully helped Soobin stand up. Everyone except for Taehyun and Kai was gone once they got up and started walking down the hallway.

Soobin held onto his stomach while his other arm was wrapped around Yeonjun's shoulder. Yeonjun held onto Soobin's waist tight as they slowly walked towards the nurse, leaving their backpacks behind. Taehyun and Kai grabbed their stuff and followed them to the nurse.

Once they got to the nurses office, the nurse instantly helped Soobin, wiping the blood off of his face from his bloody nose and giving him ice packs for all the bruises. The nurse left the room to file some paperwork, leaving Kai, Taehyun, Yeonjun, and Soobin in the room alone. Yeonjun stood up and went closer to Soobin, who was laying on the exam table and trying to hold all of the ice packs against his bruises.

Yeonjun held onto the ice pack against Soobin's cheek so that Soobin didn't have to and softly asked, "Bin, what happened?"

"I-I don't know... He just pinned me up against the lockers and started hitting me and calling me names... Thank you for stopping him."

"Hey, you don't have to thank me, ok?... I'm just glad you're alright."

"My head is pounding."

"Put your head down in bio, ok? I'll take notes for you."

"You don't have to do that."

"Maybe you should just go home and rest... You might have a concussion."

"What time is it? Do we have to get to class?" Soobin said and tried to get up, but ended up just falling back down on the bed.

"Bin, take it easy... We don't have to be there for another five minutes."

"I'm fine... It's gonna take us that long to get to class from here."

"You can't be serious... I think you should go home and rest."

"Yeah, hyung... You should take it easy... Maybe stay here for a little longer." Kai added.

"I'm fine..." Soobin slowly sat up and sat on the edge of the bed, "Let's get to class."